Transport Manager Course

Career Builder:
Thank you Harry,

I’m a little confused, hoping someone can advise me, do I need to do a TM course, or can I do a CPC course without having to do a TM course.

I see a lot of vacancies on the internet within a transport environment requesting the applicant be international CPC qualified

I’m looking for a 1st step on the ladder, so, maybe a TM course can be done later after doing a CPC course if that’s possible

Hi Career Builder,

You’ve had some great answers so far, so I’ll try to help a bit more…

I’ll try a jargon buster first. :smiley:

In this case, CPC means Certificate of Professional Competence, for which you must take (and pass) some exams to gain the qualification.

Being the holder of a CPC Certificate means that you can be a “nominated” TM ( = Transport Manager) on an Operator’s Licence.
As mentioned above, the buck stops with the “nominated” TM if anything goes wrong.

At this stage of your career, it looks like you’re looking for some advancement, which is a good thing!!

You’re applying for jobs in a position that reports to the TM at the company that you’d be working for, which effectively means that the company are looking for somebody who has a benchmarked level level of skill and knowledge in order that you can operate as (possibly) a supervisor, or some other position that needs a certain level of knowledge.

I hope this helps. :smiley: