Scania g410 or renault t range

Does any members have any experience with the scania g410 not much information about looking at one for general Hallage to upgrade to euro 6 but my thoughts are it will be very underpowered despite all great reviews regarding torque figues ect renaults 460 t range seems to be getting decent drivers reviews

Thanks in advance

Unless they’ve drastically improved the T Range in the last year, I’d stick well away from it.

Air dryer, compressor, 2 injectors, cam shaft, as blue system and an exhaust in 12 months, on the current motor. It’s a 2011 1st gen.

Previous to that was a 17 plate 2nd gen, and that had an exhaust, compressor, oil cooler and diesel pump in 6 months.

They bang on about it being “Volvo underneath”, but none of the Volvos on the fleet haven’t had problems like this.

Many thanks is the 2011 not a premium they finished 2014 with t range starting from 64 ?

Sorry, yes, 2014.

Typing on my phone, hit the wrong key.

I’d still steer clear to be honest, I don’t think we will be getting any more when these come off lease in September, they spend more time faulty than they do earning.

Thought was maybe just typing error seems to be mixed reviews on t range
Is it general hallage yours are

Mostly general haulage. We had one on tipper work during harvest and beet season but after Salt End shut down other hauliers collect instead.

Personally I’d like to get the Premiums back, much more reliable being Euro 5. It seems Euro 6 has buggered a lot up on the T Range, camshaft is no longer one piece, the lobes are sweated on, which causes problem when they’re run hard and heavy. Very little space in the cab, although the beds are comfy. Fibreglass sumps, so if you run off road or do quite a bit of quarry work they’re susceptible to damage.

The list goes on and on, and I don’t think we’ve had this much go wrong with the rest of the fleet, 24 units a mix of DAF and Volvo.

Yes the premium was a far better truck friend of mine still runs 2 with over 700k no issue not many about with low kms if it wasnt for euro 6 emission and vehicles needing to be less than 5 years old on contract i would be looking for last of the premium few 14 plates around again many thanks for input

We have quite a few t ranges from 2015 onwards and not had a problem with any to be honest, ours don’t have a easy life on ejectors and walking floors… the mpg is slightly better in the scania that I drive but the ride is shocking, actually hoping I get a t range next for that reason!!

if you want Scania buy R, G is cheap version with springs under cab instead of airbags, does not have access to storage compartments, etc. Best to get R450 if you can afford. Best on fuel and reliability.
Cab is smaller on Scania than T range tho…i like driving T, but i do not owe one so can not comment on reliability…