315.70 tyres not rated at 7.5t

Franglais:

Trickydick:

ROADRANGER:
Would it be over cynical of me to think that maybe the dvla testers are having to find ever more inventive ways of hitting targets.

Tbh the mot standard is pretty low, so as workshops have gotten better the testers have less and less work to do, add in the fact some big fleets are going to be policing their own mots soon and the testers job becomes kind of pointless.

Some similaries with central gov giving less money to independent oversight by FAA and Boeing effectively signing off the 737 Max themselves.

Question:
If workshops are getting better, surely that’s at least partly due to having any former slackness picked up by independent testers?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

People are afraid of the annual test and Im not sure why? clean undernetah incl spray flaps, semi decent tyres, lights working and adjusted okay, nothing dripping on testers head, nothing obviosuly loose, all paperwork and sticker/tags ok plus of course tyre rating and go for it, but this should all be checked every inspection anyway.

What normally happens is boss wont spend a penny on problems found during inspection and these same problems get worse and of course cost more to fix come mot time then its done in a rush as its taking longer to repair as its more kancked than they expectd due to not having any remedial works done all year and then it goes and fails dut to a silly mistake.

Plus decent hgv techs are getting like rocking horse ■■■ so they employ anybody who can walk/talk and brath on thier own (just like drivers) which is why companies need all these silly qc checks and pre mot checks as they have had so many fails due to stupid things going wrong due to employing numpites.

The rpoof will be in the eating when more large fleets do their own mots, well not actaully an mot just vehicles have to be kept at or above mot std at all times, I can see that being fun.