belgium toll

hi does anyone know were to get this ubo as going wednesday and each time i been in my car we go straight through customs in france and belguim so anyone could tell me what to do please

Obu can be brought at the border for 3.5T+. There are little vending machines.

Depending on your existing obu this may be compatible depending on what you have.

Dont forget vehicle docs.

hi concreatjim do you own a concreat mixer don’t have any obu at all it will be my first trip with 44 ton

As Concrete Jim says you can get one from a vending machine at the border, you need your truck V5 ?( log book ) as you have to scan it into machine, decide how you are going to pay i.e pre or post pay and what with fuel or credit card etc. when you get one it will give you 3 or 4 tickets make sure you keep them as you need one of them to hand it back in.
Most people now get a unit from their fuel card supplier which will most of the European tolls.

Dkv, uta, as24, shell are all offering this “euroone” box that does most of western europe. All based on the same kapsch obu.

Online dates have been pushed back for what seems like years, with everycountry chopping and changing dates.

A obu for germany is pretty much a must now seeing as there now tolling pretty much all A roads.

Concretejim:
Dkv, uta, as24, shell are all offering this “euroone” box that does most of western europe. All based on the same kapsch obu.

Online dates have been pushed back for what seems like years, with everycountry chopping and changing dates.

A obu for germany is pretty much a must now seeing as there now tolling pretty much all A roads.

The AS24 euro one box is now out and up and running

Mazzer2:

I cant see mention of this long promised OBU on the AS24 site. Only seems to be that they offer use of their card system to pay the tolls after having a box fitted by a MAUT approved garage? Maybe Im reading that all wrong though.
Is the “Euro 1 Box” an easy fit or does it involve booking a garage visit to an approved supplier, and a bill for about 650(?) euros?

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

I cant see mention of this long promised OBU on the AS24 site. Only seems to be that they offer use of their card system to pay the tolls after having a box fitted by a MAUT approved garage? Maybe Im reading that all wrong though.
Is the “Euro 1 Box” an easy fit or does it involve booking a garage visit to an approved supplier, and a bill for about 650(?) euros?

I have seen it in a friends lorry and another company I know of are being given them with each new lorry they get although they didn’t send any through for their other lorries which are using AS24 tags, it’s about the same size as the Belgian box didn’t ask whether it was hard wired in or used the 24v socket will take a closer look next time I see him and ask more questions.

Just to add he did say that it didn’t do Germany so I don’t know if there is another model coming out that does although the Germans seem quite protective about their system so I wonder if they will want others using it

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

I have seen it in a friends lorry and another company I know of are being given them with each new lorry they get although they didn’t send any through for their other lorries which are using AS24 tags, it’s about the same size as the Belgian box didn’t ask whether it was hard wired in or used the 24v socket will take a closer look next time I see him and ask more questions

Thanks.
I only occasionally work in Germany, so the MAUT unit seems expensive, but it`s multi drop/collection work, so the current system is really painful to use.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

I have seen it in a friends lorry and another company I know of are being given them with each new lorry they get although they didn’t send any through for their other lorries which are using AS24 tags, it’s about the same size as the Belgian box didn’t ask whether it was hard wired in or used the 24v socket will take a closer look next time I see him and ask more questions

Thanks.
I only occasionally work in Germany, so the MAUT unit seems expensive, but it`s multi drop/collection work, so the current system is really painful to use.

Aye used to do one hit into Germany and up to 10 collections when it first came out the amount of time and diesel wasted looking for somewhere to buy it made a mockery of the fact that it was rolled out as some kind of eco-tax

Germany should be online at some point in 2019.

They pretty much have everyone signed up in western europe to go online at some point there just not online yet.

Its a simple plug in jobby, or hard wire yourself dashcam spec so no workshop is needed.

There a kapsch box so slightly smaller then belgiums own monstrosity.

When there all online itll be a good thing.

You can also get an OBU at Stop24 Services now for hire. Call ahead to Harbour Shipping and reserve one, their office is at the MSA and they are 24 hours. Just don’t forget to drop it off on the way back through!