daf oil

hi when i check the oil in my daf xf it saying no data all the time any ideas gents

I don’t believe you :neutral_face: :laughing:

1 may be the sensor is faulty ,

2 before they give a reading they like the oil temp to be at 70 degrees and then left for 30 mins …Newer motors should give the previous reading though,as it was a daft idea to get the oil up to temp first as by then the damage would be done if it was low …I think their thought process was to check it at the end of shift ,but that doesn’t take in to account multiple drivers,alomg with those who don’t care

1 may be the sensor is faulty ,

2 before they give a reading they like the oil temp to be at 70 degrees and then left for 30 mins …Newer motors should give the previous reading though,as it was a daft idea to get the oil up to temp first as by then the damage would be done if it was low …I think their thought process was to check it at the end of shift ,but that doesn’t take in to account multiple drivers,alomg with those who don’t care

it was cold at the time i just had a service on it got it home opened the from grill and the oil cap fell out were they had not done it up so i started looking for the oil dip stick could not find it so checked in cab on the displey thats when it said no data but it was cold its a 13 plate

fat liar:
it was cold at the time i just had a service on it got it home opened the from grill and the oil cap fell out were they had not done it up so i started looking for the oil dip stick could not find it so checked in cab on the displey thats when it said no data but it was cold its a 13 plate

If you “got it home” before checking the level, it won’t be “cold” - It needs to be left standing (engine off) for quite a while to get a true reading on the dash display.

sorry checked it the next day before starting it up

dipstick is under the cab on the nearside and that is where the filler cap is where they would have filled it …Filling it from under the grill would take for ever

under the front grill at the top is a very large filler cap with oil on it and no dip stick

Dipstick is under the cab , you would need to jack it over to get to it

blooming hell that not good have to jack cab to check oil each day

fat liar:
under the front grill at the top is a very large filler cap with oil on it and no dip stick

As Norb hinted that large filler cap leads to a small tube. When you get the sensor fixed and use that to top up, pour oil slowly.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk