Euro 6 daf help

Recently bought my own unit

On its maiden voyage on Monday it chucked a engine malfunction warning light up
Took it to kettlewells commercials at Ripon Monday had it plugged in to be told “torque contribution in cyclinder three is to low” took it to my local daf dealer had it plugged in, road test while laptop was plugged in. Came up with it needed a system update. They updated it took it away back to work Thursday warning light never came on until Friday morning, went off and stayed off. It’s currently having some in-depth investigating done

I’m basically asking if anyone else has come across the same issue

Hi it could be a injector we have had a few as when they get services people don’t drain the fuel filters be for removing them and it’s causing a few issues

Angus25:
Hi it could be a injector we have had a few as when they get services people don’t drain the fuel filters be for removing them and it’s causing a few issues

I hope not :frowning:

The warning light doesn’t stay on all the time and there no loss in performance

Report from the diagnosis says all systems are running ok

Injector seating rings on that pot

Angus25:

People dont drain the fuel fiters before chanigng them as its a pita!
Plus I bet theres a fair few garages who dont have the drain pipe with the correct fitting.

DAF engine fault…

Does this happen in the wet?

Had loads of issues with a Euro 6 DAF in the wet, faults everywhere, put it down to water in the loom as it’s fine in the dry.

Mines Euro 6
Had issues with Amber engine warning symbol on in the wet at first but seen it since in the dry.

Lasts a few hours.
Sometimes a day then I don’t see it for weeks.

DAF plugged it in and they couldn’t find anything.

Just put it down to exposed wiring somewhere.

“Let it develop” as they say!!

That many sensors on the things.
It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

mardybum:
DAF engine fault…

Does this happen in the wet?

Had loads of issues with a Euro 6 DAF in the wet, faults everywhere, put it down to water in the loom as it’s fine in the dry.

No mate just in the dry, can drive for 2/3 hours it’ll come on park up for a break or tip fire it up it goes off

mat79:
Mines Euro 6
Had issues with Amber engine warning symbol on in the wet at first but seen it since in the dry.

Lasts a few hours.
Sometimes a day then I don’t see it for weeks.

DAF plugged it in and they couldn’t find anything.

Just put it down to exposed wiring somewhere.

“Let it develop” as they say!!

That many sensors on the things.
It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That’s what mine has done. Come on Monday night, all Tuesday. Didn’t come on till Wednesday afternoon then Thursday didn’t come on at all, made appearance Friday morning for a few hours then nothing rest of the day

Engine Warning is a generic fault and could be one of a multitude of issues …From what you initially say about cylinder contribution ,as others have said it may well be a injector ,There has been enough issues /bulletins and procedurs for any dealer to diagnoise your fault ,When you say you bought it new is it a 19 plate ■■? Or have you bought it 2nd hand ■■?..A fuel sample if it is indeed fuel related will have to be sent away for warranty purposes…The south east of england is a hot spot for vehicles of all makes to suffer fuel issues …too long a story to go in to

One of ours did the same, “warning engine malfunction”, turns out it was injectors, renewed all, £6000, took two weeks to sort it out.

Sapper

norb:
Engine Warning is a generic fault and could be one of a multitude of issues …From what you initially say about cylinder contribution ,as others have said it may well be a injector ,There has been enough issues /bulletins and procedurs for any dealer to diagnoise your fault ,When you say you bought it new is it a 19 plate ■■? Or have you bought it 2nd hand ■■?..A fuel sample if it is indeed fuel related will have to be sent away for warranty purposes…The south east of england is a hot spot for vehicles of all makes to suffer fuel issues …too long a story to go in to

I got it second hand (64 reg)

Local dealer had it over the weekend done some troubleshooting. Couldn’t find anything without doing some further troubleshooting what includes taking the rocker cover off.

Came on today for two hours got to delivery tipped, was there 30-45 minutes. Not been on since

sapper:
One of ours did the same, “warning engine malfunction”, turns out it was injectors, renewed all, £6000, took two weeks to sort it out.

Sapper

Hope it doesn’t need any injectors :cry:

See if you can get the fault code …Intermittant faults can be a pain ,especially when it won’t play up at the workshop ,as no one likes having a guess at something that isn’t cheap and may not cure it …It does sound injector …Do you know if they did the injector leak off …They may have removed the rocker to swap the injector with one from another cylinder and see if the fault moves to the other cylinder

norb:
See if you can get the fault code …Intermittant faults can be a pain ,especially when it won’t play up at the workshop ,as no one likes having a guess at something that isn’t cheap and may not cure it …It does sound injector …Do you know if they did the injector leak off …They may have removed the rocker to swap the injector with one from another cylinder and see if the fault moves to the other cylinder

Fault code is po269

Nothing under the rocker has been removed yet

For your fault code depending on how the tests go ,it is quiet an indepth procedure

What can be at fault

1… injector

2…mx engine brake (if fitted)

3…valve clearance

4…valve guides ,damaged valves

i can’t honestly see it being the valves though checking the adjustment wont do any harm…there are tests that are carried out by DAVIE which should narrow it down …ie compression test which should rule out mechanical issue leaving the injector .and an acceleration test where DAVIE will rev the engine 6 times and measure the cyl unbalance…Injectors are the weak point ,and that is mainly down to the fuel…Again that is a long story …Also when the faulty injector is replaced it can then cause the next weak injector to fail

Glad ive got engine and driveline cover on mine

chaversdad:
Glad ive got engine and driveline cover on mine

The cost of parts is frightening ,its the only way to run euro 6 motors

11 or 13 litre?

norb:
For your fault code depending on how the tests go ,it is quiet an indepth procedure

What can be at fault

1… injector

2…mx engine brake (if fitted)

3…valve clearance

4…valve guides ,damaged valves

i can’t honestly see it being the valves though checking the adjustment wont do any harm…there are tests that are carried out by DAVIE which should narrow it down …ie compression test which should rule out mechanical issue leaving the injector .and an acceleration test where DAVIE will rev the engine 6 times and measure the cyl unbalance…Injectors are the weak point ,and that is mainly down to the fuel…Again that is a long story …Also when the faulty injector is replaced it can then cause the next weak injector to fail

It’s back in at the weekend so fingers crossed they find it this time

I’ll mention the above to them tho