New to Trucks!!

Hi
Thank you for the add.

Despite my many years in administration, this is the first time I’ve had anything to do with trucks, namely 3.5t dropsided and 7.5t dropsided. I know I don’t need to do anything about the 3.5t ones. However the company I work for have decided to purchase 2 x 7.5t twin axle, rigid, dropsided trucks. I applied for the Operators licence for the first lorry, then they decided to get a second. I’ve applied for the interim licence and will send an amendement form once the full licence has been granted.

I know this may seem a dim question, but is the tacho included in the lorry or is it something I need to organise as soon as the lorry’s are delivered (2nd hand lorrys’). Am I missing anything else that I should be doing as well please?

Sorry for the questions - seemed the most logical and helpful place to ask.

Many thanks in advance
H

Tachos are fitted by the manufacturer so they should already be in. You do need to check their calibration date. They need to be calibrated every 2 years. There should be a sticker somewhere around the driver’s door that has the date of the last calibration on it.

The other thing to watch out for is your 3.5 tonners, they DO need a tacho fitted if you pull any trailers.

Lots of info here.

Thank you Lonewolf Yorks.