New restrictions Kings Bromley/Fradley park

Be aware HGV leaving fradley park may no longer turn right out of wood end lane north up the A515

Coming from Alrewas on the A513 they may not turn right at Kings Bromley.

I’ve just been reading up on this ,it’s rediculus.

Punchy Dan:

But, you can turn left, and go up to the island and come back ….not too sure they thought this through with their cunning plan to eradicate trucks from the A515 :unamused:

Apparently the Police have told the local W.I. that they will never get a complete ban on trucks using the A515, as it is a vital plan Bfor when the A38 wobbles :open_mouth:

Localbobbyinfo.com

Stanley Mitchell:

Punchy Dan:

But, you can turn left, and go up to the island and come back ….not too sure they thought this through with their cunning plan to eradicate trucks from the A515 :unamused:

Apparently the Police have told the local W.I. that they will never get a complete ban on trucks using the A515, as it is a vital plan Bfor when the A38 wobbles :open_mouth:

Localbobbyinfo.com

Yes I’ve heard the same ,turn left in Bromley then screw it round in the Rugeley turn :laughing:

Or in my case find a field to turn round in :neutral_face:

The A513 is part of the Strategic Road Network and an Emergency Diversion
Route (EDR) for the A38. As an EDR it is necessary to ensure that this route
remains available to Highways England (HE) as and when required. The signs
on the A513 include ‘flip down’ plates to cover over the weight restriction when
this route needs to be used as the EDR.

staffordshire.gov.uk/transp … 15-SOS.pdf

Any local deliveries/collections are exempt so you know what to do…lol

2.1 It was proposed that the implementation of a 7.5t right turn / left turn ban at the
three junctions should significantly reduce the number of vehicles travelling
south on the A515 and through Kings Bromley, Yoxall, and Draycott in the Clay
but will maintain the link to the A51. The bans should stop the HGVs who are
using these routes as a cut through between the A515 and the A38 and should
encourage HGVs to use the A50 and A38 when specific access is not required

I feel the worst thing is the first warning of the restriction coming along either road is AT the junction…

Full order

note “local service”

staffordshire.gov.uk/transp … mental.pdf

BTW, the locals reckon Lomas Distribution are opposing the restriction

The way I see it is the pallet men going to fradley day n night agency jerks included have stuffed this route up for the drivers from my area who are not using this route as a cut through to the A50 but are traveling the A515 to Ashbourne and Buxton areas .

dockspotter:
BTW, the locals reckon Lomas Distribution are opposing the restriction

Good ,I may join them .

Item 5 is obscure, ambiguous and vague, not defined

Nothing in Article 2 shall render it unlawful for any vehicle proceeding in the direction
specified in Column A along the road specified in Column B to make a turn specified
in Column C into the road specified in Column D of the Schedule to this Order if the
vehicle is being used:
a. under the direction or with the permission of a Police Constable in uniform;
b. in the service of a local authority, strategic highway company, water
undertaker or sewerage undertaker or the Environment Agency in pursuance
of statutory powers or duties;
c. for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes;
d. in connection with the construction works of Phase One of High Speed 2;
e. to provide a local service.

Police were handing out advisory leaflets on day 1

In English, Latvian, Bulgarian, Polish, Hollandish (?) and Turkish (for the 1 lost Turkish driver)

Presumably you can still go via five and six lane ends through Barton then, but the A50/A38 route is just as quick barring any holdups. Yoxall was always a bottleneck on those bends by the school, (I got pulled up for speeding there just before I finished driving for a living ! :unamused: ) it must be even worse nowadays?

Pete.

windrush:
Presumably you can still go via five and six lane ends through Barton then, but the A50/A38 route is just as quick barring any holdups. Yoxall was always a bottleneck on those bends by the school, (I got pulled up for speeding there just before I finished driving for a living ! :unamused: ) it must be even worse nowadays?

Pete.

It doesn’t take much for the A50/A38 route to wobble in either direction, and trying to get out on the “Toyota” island coming from any direction is a nightmare.

The island needs traffic lights to stagger the lunatics who seem to think its a speedway track… :unamused:

Even ■■■■ Turpin cut through yoxall when he stole black Bess from Rugeley he called for a pint at the golden cup as he short cut back towards the A1 my uncle says :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Even ■■■■ Turpin cut through yoxall when he stole black Bess from Rugeley he called for a pint at the golden cup as he short cut back towards the A1 my uncle says :laughing:

He never had a horse called Black Bess…

the locals are watching…PMSL