Bulk aggregate loads

Not sure if this is allowed, if not please do just delete.

Any one able to help or point me in the right direction? Looking for regular back loads for me arctic aggregate walking floors (electric sheets, insulated, waste carrier license, non tascc, 27.5Ton payload) from the following locations back towards leicestershire and surrounding areas.

Cambridgeshire
Peterborough
Bicester
Birmingham
Also regularly travelling along the a14 between m1 and M11

Can offer some excellent backload rates

I would say Breedon unless you already work for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I would say Breedon unless you already work for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I`d say Alan Sherwood myself, as he has more fingers in more pies than Billy Bunter :wink:

Backload rate must be the new buzzword for 2019.

The conversation normally stops about 10 seconds after they use that word.

Concretejim:
Backload rate must be the new buzzword for 2019.

The conversation normally stops about 10 seconds after they use that word.

Im not a massive fan of the word either cause we don’t get to use backload fuel, insurance etc. however it is how it is nowadays and if I can get a backload at a slightly reduced rate, meaning Im not running empty im all ears

You have a walking floor trailer, why not try general palletised loads, as long as it’s waterproof. I’ve seen the green squadron delivering/ collecting bottled water on walking floors

biggriffin:
You have a walking floor trailer, why not try general palletised loads, as long as it’s waterproof. I’ve seen the green squadron delivering/ collecting bottled water on walking floors

Trays is another popular one for walking floors.

biggriffin:

It’s one of the aggregate titan walking floors, the tailgate of it is angled has auto-lift instead of barn doors and the floor isn’t entirely flat, the planks are somewhat V shaped. The concern of loading/unloading because of the awkward tailgate + potential to cause damage to the floor makes me wonder whether palletised loads are viable for this kind of floor?

lazytipperdriver:

biggriffin:

It’s one of the aggregate titan walking floors, the tailgate of it is angled has auto-lift instead of barn doors and the floor isn’t entirely flat, the planks are somewhat V shaped. The concern of loading/unloading because of the awkward tailgate + potential to cause damage to the floor makes me wonder whether palletised loads are viable for this kind of floor?

Smelly or dusty w/floors can cause complete mental breakdown`s at most FMCG collection points :open_mouth:

So you would need to be very careful with the previous load, or be prepared to give it good clean before loading… :neutral_face:

Stanley Mitchell:

lazytipperdriver:

biggriffin:

Smelly or dusty w/floors can cause complete mental breakdown`s at most FMCG collection points :open_mouth:

So you would need to be very careful with the previous load, or be prepared to give it good clean before loading… :neutral_face:

Yeah my walking floors would look out of place anywhere other than a quarry, and at least with aggregates I got a great understanding of rates, how it works etc. and i cant help think that id be chasing my own tail with general pallets

lazytipperdriver:

Stanley Mitchell:

lazytipperdriver:

biggriffin:

Yeah my walking floors would look out of place anywhere other than a quarry, and at least with aggregates I got a great understanding of rates, how it works etc. and i cant help think that id be chasing my own tail with general pallets

Wise words…Always stick to what you know, just look at Stobart and their Agg.Ind. mistake :blush:

Have you got anywhere with your original question regarding re-loads ?

Stanley Mitchell:
Wise words…Always stick to what you know, just look at Stobart and their Agg.Ind. mistake :blush:

Have you got anywhere with your original question regarding re-loads ?

Exactly, If there’s anything that i’ve learnt from watching other hauliers try and fail, its is stick to what you know

Unfortunately no luck as of yet, however i’m a firm believer that if I knock on enough doors, somebody is bound to answer one, so keep knocking I will :smiley: