How to make hard - standing ground for trucks?

Hi, Suggestion needed. We are renting a yard and in one place where trucks are turning asphalt became very soft and a truck can easily stuck in it. Could you suggest how to make the ground where trucks are turning harder. We told that to the owner but he does not care. Do not really want to spend a lot of money because the property is not ours. Thanks

yard pic2.jpg

yard pic1.jpg

No pain no gain ,I am digging my yard off at the min down to the sub soil/clay then a foot of chatter followed by type one at 6 inches then concrete with fibres in and steel mesh too ,done 5 pads at 30 ft by 16 ft so far it’s a long slog ,I’ve my own tipper ,jcb & roller so it’s fairly cheap job .looks like some tarmac plannings will help you .

your drivers do not need to turn in the same place dragging the axles sideways loosening the ground, what is wrong with parking as if in say the services, drive past the spot and reverse in, that way you reduce the wear equal to the amount of parking spaces, anyone can drill a hole with the trailer, unless you want to use the giant puddle as a truck and driver wash.

The best stuff we ever used was broken roof tiles, the local brickyard let us have all their breakages and misfired tiles. They just break up and make a great surface that drains easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop making U-turns.

HGVs will rip up almost all surfaces when being spun round at low speed.

10” thick fibre reinforced concrete works best, but it isn’t cheap.

That is very good idea. Could they cut the tyre while driving on them? Our drivers do not do U-turn, they reverse back and then driver forward. Thanks,

Wheel Nut:
The best stuff we ever used was broken roof tiles, the local brickyard let us have all their breakages and misfired tiles. They just break up and make a great surface that drains easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It`s difficult if its not your yard, ask the owner to supply stone/planning’s and you get someone in with a digger to dig out the soft stuff, and replace with good stuff, to keep the cost down to the owner, he might be more cooperative?

More cost to you, concrete railway sleepers, once in place and settled, and a bit of dirt washed in between them a good solid yard, if you move yards take them with you.

Bite the bullet, and pay out for concrete, tarmac, or ground stabilisation.