Company Eye Tests

Franglais:

kcrussell25:

manski:
I would tend to agree with them, you are unlikely to be qualified to do it. Do you know how to deal with someone who has dyslexia for example ? (Perfectly competent to drive but can have letter “blindness”, especially under pressure).
Opticians (and some doctors), for checking eyes, same as mechanics for fixing lorries [emoji38] Keep out of it, they will have you dipping their p**s every morning next. :unamused:

I would say it’s not about being"qualified" more likely due diligence. 5 years between medicals is a long time to not know if people can see properly. I assume if they “can’t” the next step is to refer them to their opticians or occupational health to get sorted?

I would say it would fall under a reasonable request. So I would tell them to do it just to shut your boss up and let you have a quiet life.

If someone were to fail…
Ban from driving company vehicles? Get a replacement in of course.
Prevent them from driving their own car home?
They’ll maybe be on full pay until they can get an official test done ? Can’t allow them to drive themselves there.

Sounds like someone has an excess of boxes that need ticking.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Due diligence is ticking boxes.

You are right that they would have to be suspended on pay pending an eye test. Can only advise about their personal vehicle.

Sounds like the op is in a mess as if they were going to do it it should have been done fully as they are now exposed to discrimination complaints from those who did it.

I wasn’t there long enough but I am sure there was something at my previous job about seeing the driver trainer every 6 months to check eye sight