Eurocargo 75e17 emissions plate value

Hi Guys
I tool my 51 reg iveco eurocargo 75e17 for a test yesterday and it failed on emissions with a reading of 1.64. I contacted a local fitter who suggested that before investigating too deeply i change all the filters fill with some injector cleaner and take for a good blast and re-test to see if the readings dropped. so after changing the filters i took to another testing facility and had a new test done … it passed ! but when i looked at the readings they were the similar to before 1.69 ? i compared the two tests and one had used a plate value of 1.02 and the other of 3.0 . so i looked into the correct vale and for vehicles used before july 2008 turbo charged vehicles use a plate vale of 3.0… unless manufactures plate is lower. on my plate the lower right corner reads corrected absorption value 1.02 which is the value the first inspector used. i have subsequently booked a retest at the second garage knowing that i will pass but who is right■■?

Firstly I will burst your bubble on Testers , LGV testers are still DVSA employed so you may get the same tester as they just go to said garage and do the tests instead of the old way where you went to the nearest Ministry testing place

You should be getting better than that reading anyway, our 1996 MAN was less than 0.5 (no electronics, mechanical metering pump). Unfortunately I think the first tester was right, if there is a value on the plate, they should use that. Make sure it’s hot when they do the test and if it fails, insist they check the temperature.

Without a similar age modelin front of me it looks like the 1.02 is the value for the RPC. The RPC is not part of the annual test so the second garage is correct, the pass value should be 3.00 becaue of the age of the vehicle. Take the print out for the first test with you then when the retest is completed rasie the matter of the original failure. DVSA should wipe the failure from your OCRS score. If you then wish to reclaim the retest fee is up to you.

cav551:
Without a similar age modelin front of me it looks like the 1.02 is the value for the RPC. The RPC is not part of the annual test so the second garage is correct, the pass value should be 3.00 becaue of the age of the vehicle. Take the print out for the first test with you then when the retest is completed rasie the matter of the original failure. DVSA should wipe the failure from your OCRS score. If you then wish to reclaim the retest fee is up to you.

Interested in what you are saying there. We have a 55 plate Iveco with what I thought was the relevant number on it as well. If I post a picture up later then I would be interested in your opinion of what the figure is. Maybe the OP could do the same. I do not think ours will have a problem complying based on the result from the old MAN :smiley: but I am just interested. I have no problem with the ATF we go to, for pre test and test, as it is all new equipment and they are good guys but I have had lots of trouble with van and car MOT people (well a particular person in fact) not doing the test properly, ie doing it cold, and failing vehicles.

Having asked at an ATF yesterday about this, it seems to be a bit hit and miss what happens. The revision record for the testers manual appears to indicate that for pre 1/7/2008 vehicles the data on the manufacturers plate should be ignored. This appearing on page one of the 2018 on-line HGV inspection manual as a revision dated 1/2/2019 which supersedes the 13/9/2018 revision instructions. There have been a variety of interprtations before this with many testers using this figure. Many other testers don’t bother to look at this part of the plate and the general consensus (off the record) seems to be to obliterate the figures for vehicles before 1/7/2008 so that the default values of 2.5 for N/A and 3 for turbocharged engines are used.

It looks very much like the date the vehicle was tested will govern pass or fail.

assets.publishing.service.gov.u … manual.pdf

This certainly needs clarification from DVSA Bristol. In particular if it is deemed that a vehicle tested in January of this year failed and it was then retested in February what are the OCRS implications?

Yes, I forgot to get that photo of the plate but I am still surprised by the level in the OP. Our 55reg Iveco was tested recently and got 0.53 on a fastpass, so engine was not really hot, and like I said the 96 MAN got less than 0.5, but engine was hotter. Both tests were marked plate not visible.