DRIVER SHORTAGE

THE SO CALLED DRIVER SHORTAGE IS BECAUSE NOT MANY PEOPLE WANT TO SPEND SAY £1500 TO OBTAIN THEIR CLASS ONE THEN HAVE TO PAY SAY ANOTHER £300 FOR A PIECE OF PAPER THAT SAYS YOU CAN NOW DRIVE A TRUCK

WHAT A FARCE YOU HAVE ALREADY SPENT £1500 ON A CLASS ONE SO WHY SPEND ANOTHER £300 ON A USELESS PIECE OF PAPER

DO CAR DRIVERS TAKE A D C P C NO THEY DON’T SO WHY SHOULD A H G V APPLICANT OR A PERSON WHO LIKE ME QUIT THE INDUSTRY BECAUSE OF THE D C P C

YOU HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER THAT GIVES YOU PERMISSION TO DRIVE A H G V TRUCK IT IS CALLED A DRIVING LICENSE

GET RID OF THIS USELESS PIECE OF PAPER AND THERE MIGHT JUST BE AN INFLUX OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DRIVE TRUCKS

BUT KEEP THIS USELESS PIECE OF PAPER AND THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A DRIVER SHORTAGE

WHO’S FAULT IS THIS WELL IT IS BEVERLY BELL WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA DO I HAVE TO SAY ANY MORE

It’s lower case you are looking for. It’s Beverley Bell and she did nothing of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tend to disagree its the dcpc that puts people off. In my opinion its the unsociable hours for comparatevely low pay. And the general attitude towards the industry/drivers as being a nuisance on the roads.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

folken83:
Tend to disagree its the dcpc that puts people off. In my opinion its the unsociable hours for comparatevely low pay. And the general attitude towards the industry/drivers as being a nuisance on the roads.

That ^^^ and no you can’t blame Bev for the DCPC

I’m guessing by the shouting (and the time it was written) this is a ‘fresh out of the pub’ posting

Can I claim my five pounds now please?

There is no driver shortage.

eagerbeaver:

Agree - there IS however a shortage of drivers!

Considering some curious person used FOI act to get information on HGV licence holder and found there were enough people in this country with both an HGV and DCPC to more than cover the supposed shortfall, I would say it isn’t either the cost of the licence or the DCPC putting them off and the problem isn’t recruitment, but retention of drivers.

That means drivers are leaving the industry for other reasons, should we take a guess that they find the reality of long hours, low pay and poor treatment doesn’t match the recruitment hype peddled by the RHA and training industry?

If there is a shortage ,Could anyone point me where ,I need a job lol
Trainers are doing very well out of this myth … :laughing:

folken83:

Totally agree, well said.

eagerbeaver:

Agree, plenty of class 1 drivers but a shortage of GRADE 1 drivers ! :confused:

toshboy:

eagerbeaver:

Agree, plenty of class 1 drivers but a shortage of GRADE 1 drivers ! :confused:

Yup, and when the idiots the company employed do as idiots always do, management immediately reverts to ‘‘one size fits all and lowest common denominator’’ default settings, dumbing the job down with endless retraining and memos, methods designed to assume the rest who aint idiots are at idiots level, and they think pointing in cab cameras at idiots is going to suddenly morph them into lorry drivers, when all this does is alienate the very staff who never needed any of this ■■■■■■■■ in the first place.

And they wonder why the pool of good drivers are walking away :unamused: