Ex-Bowker Transport vehicles

Hi everyone,

We are looking to get a curtain sider wagon and drag for the company, but there are very few about.

Therefore Bowker came to mind, as they do have a couple as far as I know.

Does anyone know who normally sell their vehicles, or maybe someone knows a contact within the company that deals with fleet disposal?

Regards,
Richard

As they own this site, have you thought about Commercial Motor magazine, there are dealers in there who can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you imagine, yes I have checked CM and there isn’t a single wagon and drag curtainsider on sale there.

eBay, CM and other sites have very limited offer, hence I asked here.

Riho:
Hi everyone,

We are looking to get a curtain sider wagon and drag for the company, but there are very few about.

Therefore Bowker came to mind, as they do have a couple as far as I know.

Does anyone know who normally sell their vehicles, or maybe someone knows a contact within the company that deals with fleet disposal?

Regards,
Richard

If you know what you want, and who owns it, id be on the phone to bowker myself. And get the info straight from the horse mouth.

Ring 01772 628800 tomorrow morning and ask for the fleet engineer - a new one since I left in 2001. Not sure they would sell the trailer, though, just the wagon

I don’t usually buy Comical Motor but, rather coincidentally, I bought a copy yesterday, just for the article about the Bowker Centenary!

I’m sure I saw a green curtain-sided wagon and drag in there, though. My copy is in the car, so I’m not going out to check for you :laughing:

there is a fh at walker movements

Thank you for the replies.

Yes, I am aware of the FH at Walker Movements, it seems like a good unit, but it has done more than 1m km, and that is quite a lot of you plan to use it on general haulage.

One of the Volvo main dealers had a very nice, low km FM wagon and drag ex Carr Billington for sale recently.
If it’s gone then it will be worth trying PM Commercials. His main trade is in rigid and drawers and he usually has some nice clean stock.