2019 Subbie/Owner Driver Rates - Please post here

Hi all, its a usual question ," what’s Maritime, DSV, DFDS etc etc Paying"
If any one has recent information on rates after enquiring, please post up here to befit other users and maybe possible Newstarts.

Chow!

Barron Wood £1.50 Per mile . 1500 mile a week they say average ?

HSF £1.35 per mile .

Andrea wood £1.38 .

I.R.F out of Felixstowe £1.40

Hayton Coulthard £1.38 PPM

Beau
From Scotland to England we pay a job rate BUT where possible we try to average around £1.20 per mile.
From England to Scotland we offer £1.40 per mile minimum to £2.00 per mile depending on location & customer. England to England we offer £1.40 per mile to £2.00 per with the same

Anyone have an inkling as to what wincanton pay subbies?

lazytipperdriver:

My mate told me they guarantee £500.00 per day, don’t know how true that is.

nyk473l:

lazytipperdriver:

any idea what mileage that is based on? Could be great or could be horrendous

lazytipperdriver:

nyk473l:

lazytipperdriver:

any idea what mileage that is based on? Could be great or could be horrendous

Sorry I did ask that question when he quoted me the figure but he said he was waiting for more info from them.

On avrage who ever u pull for on boxes it will allways avrage between 2200 and 2500 aweek if u work for it

Any owner drivers or other looking for a hard working driver over ten years exsp .on boxes at min done most things trailer wise im just after a deicent wage and a nice motor to do the job with from yorkshier but out of felixstowe all week if u can help pls drop me an email glynne66@gmail.com

Hi all,

Was wondering could anyone advise me on what a realistic rate would be for doing traction work (for a pallet network) from Bristol to Leicester area?

Works out about 270 mile round trip. I have been offered a rate of £390 (works out around £1.50 per mile).

Considering it’s night work I’m looking closer to £500 for it. Is that a realistic rate?

I don’t want to go in unreasonably high, because I’m on good terms with the owner, bit it just seems to low.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Has anyone had experience of Goldstar? Better/worse than Maritime, I expect they are all about the same.

Riho:
Hi all,

Was wondering could anyone advise me on what a realistic rate would be for doing traction work (for a pallet network) from Bristol to Leicester area?

Works out about 270 mile round trip. I have been offered a rate of £390 (works out around £1.50 per mile).

Considering it’s night work I’m looking closer to £500 for it. Is that a realistic rate?

I don’t want to go in unreasonably high, because I’m on good terms with the owner, bit it just seems to low.

Any advice will be appreciated.

On day work for that run I’d get £470 traction only, so I’d agree you want to be a bit higher.

Hi does anyone do traction work for P&O? What are the rates or average earnings in a week? Am asking as thinking of putting two trucks on out of Harwich Int Port.
I have been told they pay £1.48 per mile.

Have heard rumours that they only pay £400 a trailer for del and collection. Plus you can only do 5-6 trailers a week.

So am asking as this doesn’t seem worth it.

£1.45 a mile with no milege cap, basically the works there to do and you can go at it as hard as you want, thats from them man himself who runs it from Zebrugge. Its the payment terms that put me off, an extract from an email from him

"Sorry for the delayed reply – only just catching up on emails!

Payment terms are 6 weeks after invoice upload, then paid weekly (Monday following).

So, say you started week 2 in 2019 (Monday 7th Jan)

You would upload your PODs at the end of the week, and invoice us in week 3.

6 weeks after this is week 9. Monday following is Monday 4th March. Then weekly for all you subsequent weeks work.

Re payment break – 2 weeks break, then on the 3rd week, you get all 3 (so in effect catch up immediately).

If you an owner-driver and take the time to commit to us, we will ensure there is work 5 days per week, 51 weeks per year.

Understand your concerns and need to make the right decision. No pressure from us – just keep us informed of your intentions, be it over the next few weeks, or next few months.

Always call me. Or email back if you want any other clarifications.