7.5 tone truck rental

Hi guys and gals just asking my brother wants me to rent a 7.5tone truck out to help him move. I’m guessing I will have to insert my digi tacho and watch my hours that week.
Any advice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope , personal use

Can my dad drive it he got 7.5 tone on grandfather rights but no tacho so I’m guessing he can

Dannyboy84:
Hi guys and gals just asking my brother wants me to rent a 7.5tone truck out to help him move. I’m guessing I will have to insert my digi tacho and watch my hours that week.
Any advice ?

If you’re doing it as a favour and not charging for the job it’s exempt from EU regulations so you don’t need to use the tachograph

Thanks

Dannyboy84:
Can my dad drive it he got 7.5 tone on grandfather rights but no tacho so I’m guessing he can

Yes he can drive it.

Yes although watch the age limit on most hire company policies.

Have you got a hire company sorted ? Some of them now will only hire above 3.5t to O licence holders as too many were coming back broken from private hires where the hirer had totally underestimated the difference between driving their Bippa van and a 7.5t box. Businesses hiring them too as private individuals, DVSA stopping & seizing etc. This happened to a “friend” :unamused: got stopped by DVSA, who decided, correctly, (the row of plant pots with large cacti just behind the back door did not fool them for long :laughing: ) that he was carrying goods for his business, locked up the truck, passed him along the line to the police who did him for driving without insurance, because he took the hire company insurance for his “private move”. Had to go and hire a 3.5t, move all the stuff., in 3 loads :laughing: and pay the hire company to collect the empty 7.5t. Sounds a bit severe but I suspect he failed the attitude test and needs grovelling lessons, in fact I am sure he would fail the attitude test :laughing: