Man tractor unit 2005-2012

Hi, always see these trucks priced keenly, but also see slot of bad comments on them for bad/weak engines. Is there any model / year in them that’s ok?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=152603#p2429161

Try this for a start .

The 540.s are worth a punt, rare yes, but there are a few about, when mine went bang it was the first one MAN had ever seen go, i dont think they could say that about the 440,s

chaversdad:
The 540.s are worth a punt, rare yes, but there are a few about, when mine went bang it was the first one MAN had ever seen go, i dont think they could say that about the 440,s

One of our 480’s went bang last night ! A van pulled out in front of him and BANG ! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get the 480 if possible, do not go for a 440 EGR (can’t tell you the engine code) under any circumstances it will bite you in the arse.

as said, get one with adBlue not egr…2011 upwards, they good, just put money on side for new clutch around 500k km.

Hi

I’ve had over 100 of them, have 32 now, various engines from 440 to 640.

Non ad blue / EGR engine should be left alone under any circumstances, the rest of them are bullet proof as long as you obey service intervals.

Cheers

chaversdad:

Friend of mine had two 540s. One made it to 600 000k, the other to just over 500 000k before failing terminally.
Our Volvos do double that without a backward glance.

If you are ever looking for MAN trucks and looking to see what the current market prices are , the compareusedtrucks.com website is great for price watching…