Hydro vane compressor

Anyone running one ? I’ve been looking on eBay but there’s so many variations,just looking at getting rid of a big Clarke 3 ph and keeping my small 240 v for spraying and getting a presumably quiet 3 ph hydro vane for the big air gun ,any clues on what’s best ,thanks Dan .

I’ve got a three phase one. It’s fairly quiet as they go. Will have a look which model.

These days I’d sink the money into cordless electric as I hardly break out the big windy gun. Only thing I really use air for is tyres and air chisel.oh and the jack.

Own Account Driver:
I’ve got a three phase one. It’s fairly quiet as they go. Will have a look which model.

These days I’d sink the money into cordless electric as I hardly break out the big windy gun. Only thing I really use air for is tyres and air chisel.oh and the jack.

Please look thanks .

Make sure it builds up to 135 / 140 psi otherwise it’s a pain to blow tyres up to 125psi

They are much quieter than a std piston compressor, but they are certainly not quiet.

A Rotary compressor is quieter than a piston one but the ones I have had the misfortune to have to work near have been extremely aggravating and tiring. Maybe it was because someone else was making the noise rather than me. I think it is the pitch of the frequency which eventually becomes so wearing after an hour or so. In the end I found it so distracting that I had to limit what I was doing to tasks which were not particularly mentally challenging, until the thing had been switched off. All have been large cabinet units with very large reservoirs running either a production process or another application with a high demand, but they just never shut up they ran continuously, unlike a piston one which cuts out these just keep going.

cav551:
A Rotary compressor is quieter than a piston one but the ones I have had the misfortune to have to work near have been extremely aggravating and tiring. Maybe it was because someone else was making the noise rather than me. I think it is the pitch of the frequency which eventually becomes so wearing after an hour or so. In the end I found it so distracting that I had to limit what I was doing to tasks which were not particularly mentally challenging, until the thing had been switched off. All have been large cabinet units with very large reservoirs running either a production process or another application with a high demand, but they just never shut up they ran continuously, unlike a piston one which cuts out these just keep going.

Our two are outside and between the workshop and the compressors is the enclosed steam clean bay and you can still hear them, to be fair not all the time and its not that intrusive, but the noise outside!

I’ve got a Hydrovane, very quiet and builds up quickly. Have had to fit new contact thingies twice in 3 years though.

Drempels:
I’ve got a Hydrovane, very quiet and builds up quickly. Have had to fit new contact thingies twice in 3 years though.

Would you mind posting the model number ,I presume it’s ok with a big air gun doing wheel nuts ? Thanks Dan .

Punchy Dan:

Drempels:

Would you mind posting the model number ,I presume it’s ok with a big air gun doing wheel nuts ? Thanks Dan .

Won’t be back in the workshop until Friday at the earliest, if you can wait that long?

Biggest we use is a 3/4 rattle gun, so can’t vouch for inch drive. Got it used from a bloke who deals in them, he was very helpful. Should be able to dig his details out if you want.

Mine says it’s an HV02 on it works on three phase.

Own Account Driver:
Mine says it’s an HV02 on it works on three phase.

Thank you ,I’ll look what’s about .