Any good value trucks for sale?

Hi all, I’m after a unit around the 8k mark.
Anything lying about your yard

Don’t know if they’re good value, but there’s a fair selection here.

https://trucks.autotrader.co.uk/categorysubcategory/category/tractor-units/truckprice/6000/8999/search?locationName=Catton%20Grove&latitude=52.642&longitude=1.314&postcode=NR1

Plenty of premiums knocking about.

Found a 14 plate near on new but the price made me spit my coffee out.

At that sort of money there would be only a few contenders I’d put my money in , Renault premium as stated although I wouldn’t be interested in them at over 800,000 k , ( breakers love them for there Volvo components )Renault magnum with 13l Volvo engine , good enough truck for 8k , Iveco stralis would be the one I would favour over them all at £8 -9k probably get 2011-2012 around 500km or less strong enough mechanically plenty of room for driver , plenty of room for straps etc yes the gearbox isn’t an i shift but money wise I think there as good as you will get if you can get a driver in them , as they are quite dated now and do like to show up silly warnings that mean nothing,
I don’t know how dealers move them because if they sit and the battery goes flat when you start them every warning on the dash is on lol
As everything product knowledge is key , we have ran 450 Iveco’s past 1million kms without any mechanical trouble or air valve trouble. Yes we’ve had the spark tech look at them from time to time as wiring wouldn’t be a strong point in them but no more troublesome than some of there Swedish competitors.
At that sort of price you will get a fairly low mileage one , half the battle in my eyes .
Biggest problem will be trying to sell it when ur done with it but if you give nothing for it don’t except to get a pile when you sell it .

If you want a good Lorry for £8000 buy one like a Volvo or Foden for £3000 to £5000 and spend the remainder on it before you use it .

Punchy Dan:
If you want a good Lorry for £8000 buy one like a Volvo or Foden for £3000 to £5000 and spend the remainder on it before you use it .

I’m finding it increasingly hard getting hold of parts for older kit either new parts or through breakers. Problem seems to be so much goes straight to export and there’s not much market nowadays for older trucks, even scaff wagons seem to be fairly new now, so the parts support seems to be disappearing. There must be the parts market in the destination export market but accessing them from this country is hard work.

Own Account Driver:

Punchy Dan:

I’m finding it increasingly hard getting hold of parts for older kit either new parts or through breakers. Problem seems to be so much goes straight to export and there’s not much market nowadays for older trucks, even scaff wagons seem to be fairly new now, so the parts support seems to be disappearing. There must be the parts market in the destination export market but accessing them from this country is hard work.

Whereabouts in the country are you and what parts are you looking for ?

I can put you touch with someone who can help you.

Punchy Dan can vouch for me in that regard.

PM me.

I can indeed :smiley:

Ive been offered an Olympic ERF Ect midlift unit in first class condition one owner from new ,own account firm no expense spared ,£1,500.

Hi Dan is that a ■■■■■■■ ECT? Great lorry and hard to pick fault at that price

Wally Webb:

■■■■■■■ 420 iirc , you could almost buy it , run it until the first big expence ,sell it and still make money on it :smiley:

Wally Webb:

Now sold ,and readvetised for £3,500 apparently :unamused: