Van owner driver

raymundo:
In '89 I was fed up with driving ships and one day when driving thru Leeds on my way home to Scarbro i was passing a van sales place and purely on a whim went in and bought without checking it too much an Iveco Daily box van, got it home and thought ‘What the hell do I do with it now ■■’ to cut a long story short it never moved for 3 months so I decided to put out some flyers to the local businesses … I got ONE reply and that was from ICI Computer systems who were looking for a local carrier on a dedicated basis as the national one they were using was damaging too much equipment. Things went rapidly from strength to strength and we ended up with our own warehouse, 6 vans and a healthy bank account. Then my wife and business partner decided that she loved the bank account more than me and buggered of with the lot. After a month or so on the ■■■■ I sold all the vans bar one which I gave to my longest serving employee so he could continue the contract work and I went and took command of yet another ship and sailed around the west coast of Africa for awhile, when I eventually came back to the UK I discovered that by now my ex wife had applied to the court for permission to sell the house which was granted and I was even declared legally dead. Started off with nothing and ended up nearly the same and would I do it over again … not a hope in hell but do have a van at home which occasionally gets driven now and again. The van game is finished in my opinion unless you can find a niche market …

That’s some interesting story. Things come and go, it’s all called life…

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk