licence

Hi my licence is up for renewal ,if I don’t renew it can I still drive a unit to shows. The unit would be for shows only

You need to renew as far as I know if not only for medical. Otherwise it would be illegal in case say your eyesight deteriorated

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you have the grandfather rights C1 for up to 7.5t, ie you got your car licence before 97, then if the unit was less than 7.5t you might be able to replate it. I am sure I have heard of somebody doing this.

Out of dvla webpage

If your Photo Driving Licence has expired, you can be fined up to £1,000. Your photo licencemust be renewed every 10 years; if you fail to renew it at that point, your driving licence will be invalid. You can choose to update your photo sooner than this if your appearance changes significantly.10 Nov 2018

Mind You thats for cars. Lorries are every 5years

folken83:
Out of dvla webpage

If your Photo Driving Licence has expired, you can be fined up to £1,000. Your photo licencemust be renewed every 10 years; if you fail to renew it at that point, your driving licence will be invalid. You can choose to update your photo sooner than this if your appearance changes significantly.10 Nov 2018

Mind You thats for cars. Lorries are every 5years

HGV entitlement is valid until the age of 45, then renewed every 5 years until the age of 65, then every year after that. The photo card however is still renewed every 10 years.

pete62:
Hi my licence is up for renewal ,if I don’t renew it can I still drive a unit to shows. The unit would be for shows only

The Licence would need to be renewed if the 5th wheel coupling was not Removed or Isolated.Assuming you have Grandfather rights?

Don’t see why the fifth wheel would need to be removed? It would simply need downplating to 7.5T, wouldn’t it?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk