ECMT Permits

Has anyone applied, I am going round in circles on .GOV !

Can only find link for Removals.

Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep the Gov website just goes round in circles and seems pretty useless, in the end I found this which was far more helpful.

https://www.itf-oecd.org/ecmt-multilateral-quota-user-guide

Many thanks, will give it a try

My understanding is that by the end of is month, 27th was mentioned but I’m not sure if it’s set in stone go onto your O licence self-service portal nd if you currently have EU authorisation on your licence a “permits” tab will appear on your front page, you use this to apply.

acd1202:
My understanding is that by the end of is month, 27th was mentioned but I’m not sure if it’s set in stone go onto your O licence self-service portal nd if you currently have EU authorisation on your licence a “permits” tab will appear on your front page, you use this to apply.

I think you’re right about a link on the O’licence self service, but the DVLA website did say about getting information together before this period, I think they want information about how many trips you do to other EU countries and how many you do in the UK, so you can work out the percentage of EU/UK trips and also the type of goods carried.
The Link I found also mentioned getting certificates of compliance completed for both Tractor Units and Trailers.

I was going through all this and then found out that it was for those with a Full International Licence, not those on Restricted Licences on Own Account Work. However I might need proof of own account operations and evidence we own the goods carried.

acd1202:

This looks an easier proposition

Have applied successfully via Operator portal.
Although there is a £10 charge for entering the permit lottery[emoji849].
Probably a better bet would be to have purchased normal lottery tickets [emoji2955]

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158266

According to link DfT says under 1,000 ECMT permits available??
Can that be right? Lets hope it aint a crash out/no deal.

Franglais:
Meanwhile Northern Irish firms 60 truck limit - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

According to link DfT says under 1,000 ECMT permits available??
Can that be right? Lets hope it aint a crash out/no deal.

About 1000 annual permits all euro 6, just under 3000 monthly permits mostly euro 6, rest euro 5, still not enough though, would have thought be worth negotiating with the ITF for more.

As far as I can work out they’re not applicable for own account operations and also we’re not going to require foreign truck to have them to come to the UK, I think they’re hoping for a reciprocal agreement with EU countries.

But I think the real game is to vote the deal down, then MPs will vote for a second referendum with 3 option Remain, deal, no deal to split the leave vote to make sure it goes to Remain.

Reckon that Sir Humphrey Appleby`s finger prints are on this then?

The number of permits is correct, nowhere near enough.

Although whatever hoops we have to jump through, i hope its recipricated.

A total cabotage ban would be a great start.

Very disappointing so far. Am I correct in thinking that we are limited to an extremely low allocation of permits, but “ our “ government are at this point going to allow any Euro hauliers free access to our market to fill the void left by the bankrupted few British international hauliers who will be abandoned without permits?