Tacho Issues

Good Morning All

We have just found this wonderful forum with so much help and info!
We have recently Started to use a digital tacho and to be honest are completely new to all this. One of our drivers has been using his card incorrectly and has been putting the card in, and then selecting manual. but not entering anything. We are now having issues with Serious infringements as it is showing an infringement of “unknown time of 6819 minutes have not been subsequently booked manually” IS this due to the manual entry error? If it is how do we delete this? or rectify?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

TachoHell:
Good Morning All

We have just found this wonderful forum with so much help and info!
We have recently Started to use a digital tacho and to be honest are completely new to all this. One of our drivers has been using his card incorrectly and has been putting the card in, and then selecting manual. but not entering anything. We are now having issues with Serious infringements as it is showing an infringement of “unknown time of 6819 minutes have not been subsequently booked manually” IS this due to the manual entry error? If it is how do we delete this? or rectify?

I wouldn’t think there’s any such infringement as “unknown time of 6819 minutes have not been subsequently booked manually” :confused:

Anyway, you cannot rewrite what’s been written to the driver card and VU so it cannot now be rectified.

It would probably be helpful to see a printout so we can see exactly what’s being written to the driver card.
(If you post an image of a printout cover any personal information on the printout before posting)

You haven’t said what make or year the tachograph is and they do vary a bit, but here’s a video of manual entries on a type 2 VDO digital tachograph.
If you tell us what make and approximately year (vehicle year) the tachographs are I’ll post the drivers instruction manual for you to download.

Hi Tachograph

Many thanks for your reply. This is the print out we have for him. We have established that he has not been entering his breaks correctly and we have, going forward rectified this. But the “unknown time” one is still showing on our latest download.

Not sure my Attachment uploaded. So will try again :slight_smile:

I meant a tachograph printout not a printout of the analysis companies sheet.

Some of those infringements are for the WTD breaks which are certainly not serious infringements, in fact the DVSA don’t even enforce the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations, while your drivers should comply with the RT(WT)R the drivers hours and tachograph regulations are the ones you really need to be concerned about.

As far as I can tell the missing times are the drivers rest periods, this only becomes at-all serious if the driver was working during that time and failed to record the work.

If the missing time is shown as ? on the driver card it’s not a big problem but without seeing what’s actually been recorded it’s hard to say.

To be honest it looks to me that Novadata are being a bit OTT calling some of those infringements serious, your drivers obviously need to get on top of the regulations and using digital tachographs but from what’s been posted I don’t think anyone’s going to prison just yet :smiley:

TachoHell:

I’d advise you that EU tachograph Regs don’t apply in the country where you posted from. :wink: