V poor dipped lights on V3 Volvo, whats the best bulb?

Very poor bulbs on my 2012 Volvo fh13, I’ve currently 70w bulbs in but looking at replacing with a more premium bulb or 100w bulb, any one any experience with this issue? Can the wiring loom cope with a 100w bulb? Thanks

Yes, we’ve used 100w bulbs and they work fine. They are very poor headlights.

Not specifically Volvo: How do your lights compare with any other similar trucks? Are both sides equally “dim”?
Id be looking at condition of connectors, wiring and maybe changing the relay first. LED bulbs will give more light on less current but that isnt getting to any root cause if there is a problem.

Truck headlights always seem worse than car headlights, not sure why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coiler:
Truck headlights always seem worse than car headlights, not sure why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

High seating position rather than the actual lights. In a car the light beams more closely follow the drivers line of sight.

Be weary of using 100w bulbs in a v3, the wiring isn’t very heavy, also puts extra load on the lcm, try looking for an LED conversion, less current draw. Or leave fog lights on.

cheap 100w bulbs create a crappy beam pattern and a bad light colour, so they will be worse than std bulbs. Osram Nightbreakers are by far the best bulbs youll get.

qwakers:
cheap 100w bulbs create a crappy beam pattern and a bad light colour, so they will be worse than std bulbs. Osram Nightbreakers are by far the best bulbs youll get.

Do they do the osram in 24v

biggriffin:

qwakers:

Do they do the osram in 24v

I think they call them truckstar if you are talking halogen bulbs. Agree about the 100w, some of them are great when you first use them and then blacken up very quickly. We have an MAN that is still on H4’s :smiley: and it is very difficult to keep up in the “arms race” of h eadlight brightness.

Ring do a 100w bulb

qwakers:
Osram Nightbreakers are by far the best bulbs youll get.

Agreed.

Used them in the spotlights of my road rally car. If I remember correctly, they come in brightness grades as well. I opted for 130% extra brightness, (You need them on country lanes at night when you tootling along at a non legal speed.) and yes, they do them in 24v.

Philips do the similar Xtreme range as well.

Upgrade the main beam bulbs at the same time.

Ken.