O licence

My operators licence is a partnership which unfortunately the other partner has decided to leave.The question is can I remove this name off the licence and put a new partner on it or do you have to apply for a whole new o licence and start again

I thought if a partner leaves its no longer a partnership. So without checking my bible im thinking new start.

It would be a different matter if it was ltd and just change in directors, as all youd need to do was to notify the clo within a certain number of days/weeks iirc.

I’m fairly sure that it will be considered a change of entity, and a new application will be required. As long as the new partner doesn’t have previous with the TAO, it shouldn’t be too traumatic.
A friend , whose wife had been his business partner and who had sadly died, discovered during a routine visit by whatever DVSA were called at the time, that he had been operating illegally from the time of her death around a year before. They didn’t make a big fuss in the circumstances, and gave him interim authority so he could keep going till he got a new licence in his own name.

Have a look at the GV72 form, and the schedule 4 element, this could/should save you a few bob :wink:

If you are only changing the trading statusof the business, this form navigates around the normal hassle channels, and cuts out the need for an expensive advert in your local rag…

It certainly helped save me money :laughing:

Thanks for all the replies very helpful and I will be looking at that form Stanley over the weekend

Had a look at the form Stanley and I do not think it will work for me this time.The Buisness partner who is leaving me is my wife after 28 years. My brother who is my accountant is looking at things and depending on what he says I shall be starting again either as sole trader or ltd company

I couldn’t help on the original question Professor, but just wanted to say I’m sorry to hear about the split. Whether it’s through mutual choice, or not, it’s a difficult time.

Thanks Albion it’s just another set back in life.I got home from walking the dog and she said you might won’t to sit down I have something to tell you and that was it.To say the least it has hit me for six she has found someone else it’s not a great shock we did not argue just sort of drifted apart .Its a real pity because we had been careful over the years and was sitting fairly well we are still friends and are trying to sort every thing out fairly.Has not been my year this year so looking forward to next year as it can not be any worse lol

Sorry to hear your news

Try and stay positive. It might all be for the best when you look back

If the business partner (wife) is taking the financial element too, they normally do!!!

I would say you need to readvertise, and jump through all the hoops again

Wheel Nut:
If the business partner (wife) is taking the financial element too, they normally do!!!

I think that is true, only in so far as men usually have had more money than women. However, I can assure you that if a man decides to slope off with another woman, he’ll think nothing of trying to get his partners business and house. :unamused:

People are people irrespective of gender.

albion:

Wheel Nut:

I think that is true, only in so far as men usually have had more money than women. However, I can assure you that if a man decides to slope off with another woman, he’ll think nothing of trying to get his partners business and house. :unamused:

People are people irrespective of gender.

Yes, sorry for being disrespectful to the ladies. I have just discovered that relatives do that too, money goes to money apparently.

Sorry for the hijack and hopefully everything will turn out ok for the OP

Stanley Mitchell:
Have a look at the GV72 form, and the schedule 4 element, this could/should save you a few bob :wink:

If you are only changing the trading statusof the business, this form navigates around the normal hassle channels, and cuts out the need for an expensive advert in your local rag…

It certainly helped save me money :laughing:

Did you have a look at this option Prof ? ^^^^^^

Yes I did Stanley will have another look at it I think the problem I have Is my o licence is a partnership and I will be going to sole trader or ltd. I think I could use that if I bought in another partner my daughter would do it who is a school teacher or my brother who is an accountant but as they are both in an a position of trust and repute with there jobs if anything for any reason goes wrong I would hate to be the one to cause them any problems. I am talking to a solicitor today to see what is the best way forward legally for my position but once again I am very grateful for all the help.

Just had another look at GV72 Stanley and I think you might be right.I will down load all the forms I think I will need and have a good look thank you very much ps paperwork has never been my strong point

Professor:
Just had another look at GV72 Stanley and I think you might be right.I will down load all the forms I think I will need and have a good look thank you very much ps paperwork has never been my strong point

Ive used it a few times, it can be used for any entity, as long as the structureisn't changing, i.e., same operating centre, number of vehicles, R+M provider ect., thelegal` side doesn’t come into it luckily.

The only problem you can get, is if you are assigned a case worker who is either idle, thick or new on the job, then you need to go further up the greasy pole @ Leeds, but Ive always found the management` helpful up there :wink:

I know it’s been a few months but it’s taking me some time to decide what to do I go from throwing it all in to starting again the job does not get any easier especially with all the ■■■■■■■■ we have to put up with nowadays.
Anyway with lots of advice from friends and family rightly or wrongly I have decided to go again and with my brother being a qualified accountant he has formed a Ltd company for me which I have just applied for an operators license for I would just like to say a big thank you to Stanley Mitchell for pointing out the form GV72 schedule 4 which I have used
I have not got the drive or the love of the job I once had but it’s all I know I will be alright with this lorry but it’s going to be a hard move to shell out a 100k for my next new one lol

Professor:
I know it’s been a few months but it’s taking me some time to decide what to do I go from throwing it all in to starting again the job does not get any easier especially with all the [zb] we have to put up with nowadays.
Anyway with lots of advice from friends and family rightly or wrongly I have decided to go again and with my brother being a qualified accountant he has formed a Ltd company for me which I have just applied for an operators license for I would just like to say a big thank you to Stanley Mitchell for pointing out the form GV72 schedule 4 which I have used
I have not got the drive or the love of the job I once had but it’s all I know I will be alright with this lorry but it’s going to be a hard move to shell out a 100k for my next new one lol

Here to help my friend, never to hinder :wink:

Good luck with the next chapter in your life, its never easy or straightforward thats for sure …