Weekly cost!!

Weekly cost for operating 1 lorry in LTD company!

Does anyone can give accurate numbers below?

Driver (containers/tramper),
Insurance,
Goods in transit insurance,
Accountancy,
Transport menager,
Maintenance contract,
GPS Sistem,
Etc.

You’d be best asking for this to be moved to owner drivers section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
You’d be best asking for this to be moved to owner drivers section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already had been :wink: , I left a shadow on the newbies board otherwise the OP would not be able to find it.

I’m going for 8’3 wheel nut.

OP, insurance will depend on a lot, how long you have traded, which I’m guessing is no time, that will make it more expensive than someone who has history. Drivers, are you in Newcastle of London, there is a big difference, TM, bit of you get what you pay for and how much do you want him/her to do - the bare minimum or lavish some extra care.

There are many variables to take into account with all these figures, but a very rough ballpark weekly costing based on my own experience would be:

Driver (5 days including employers NI and pension) - £900
Insurance - £50
Goods in transit insurance - £50
Accountancy - £50
Transport manager - £100
Maintenance contract - £100
GPS System - £5
Operating Centre - £100

Plus your variable costs for fuel and tyres

Insurance between 5k and 9k per year
Accountant £500 to £1000 per year , use quick books brings the cost down
Tyres £20 per week
Out sourced Tm £250 to £350 per month
Operating centre between £20 and £50 per week
6 weekly inspection around £ 150

have TM for free, inspections for 80, but greed when they want charge me 100/week for parking is killing my business plan…
:frowning:

LL79:
have TM for free, inspections for 80, but greed when they want charge me 100/week for parking is killing my business plan…

Although expensive at £100pw, if parking at that rate is killing your business plan id say you have other problems.

When i looked at outsourcing parking i was looking at £50pw with full washing facilities in the nottingham area.

I decided to just keep it on the farm.

Mines 125 a month with my own office/toilet/ portacabin for storage/water and electricity and 24/7 security patrol
Dont think thats too bad

Concretejim:

LL79:

Although expensive at £100pw, if parking at that rate is killing your business plan id say you have other problems.

When i looked at outsourcing parking i was looking at £50pw with full washing facilities in the nottingham area.

I decided to just keep it on the farm.

Yea its not about that 30/40 a week extra but i wont pay 100 for principle as they will ask 150 next year if it will go this way!
That one thing is holding me up realy…trying farm owners now…
Should i mention i was quoted 100 per week just for unit place in Northampton with no gate, barier opened 24hrs…

chaversdad:
Mines 125 a month with my own office/toilet/ portacabin for storage/water and electricity and 24/7 security patrol
Dont think thats too bad

I can only dream about this here…

LL79:

chaversdad:
Dont think thats too bad

I can only dream about this here…

Same here. I’m paying £600/month for yard space only for 2 trucks.

I persuaded my customer of the benefits of having our trucks ready to load at their premises and that became my operating centre :wink: