Setting up a grab wagon business

DF40:

kcrussell25:

Big Truck:
Why do you work 7days week??
Under WTD would suggest that is breaking employment law!!!

The construction industry seems to have a situation where weeks like that are normal. A refit in the shop I was working in had guys working 7 days a week for the last 6 weeks of the job.

When I was talking to a couple of the guys they were happy to do it as they may not work for 6 or 8 weeks when done on that job. Others were traveling from Cornwall and Scotland who weren’t going home so rather earn the money. I will agree I don’t see how its legal and was pleased there were no serious accidents to start people asking questions about working hours

It appears WTD only seems to apply to HGV drivers. Rest of country appears to ignore it & some that say they are complying are simply paying it lip service.

Ill whisper it but Taxi Drivers■■? :imp:

When I worked in retail I did 60 hours on the clock most weeks not even counting stuff at home. I was never asked or expected to sign an opt out as (I can’t remember the exact wording now) “voluntary overtime” such as staying on to fulfil something that should have been completed in your “normal hours” didn’t count… give me a taco anyday now!