Fuel cards

Hi all,

How do fuel cards work? Is it pay up front l, like a pre paid account or is it like a credit card?

Tia

Mostly credit card style payment. Naturally with massively varying payment terms, mostly from days to 28 days.

Thanks,

I take it that new starters with no trading history find it difficult to obtain credit with fuel card providers?

Skip in my dreams:
Thanks,

I take it that new starters with no trading history find it difficult to obtain credit with fuel card providers?

It wont be easy, thats for sure…

Just becareful of the card sharks out there, make sure you go over their T&Cs, there are some right shirtfronts in the fuel card game #beware

Half the time your as well off getting a credit card with a decent limit and fill up at the supermarket if you can get in ,least your getting 30 days credit then

chaversdad:
Half the time your as well off getting a credit card with a decent limit and fill up at the supermarket if you can get in ,least your getting 30 days credit then

This ^^^^^

I’ve got a credit with a £25,000 limit which I use for fuel and another £8000 for other purchases ,one of them I get £30 to £40 cash back a month so squeezing in to a supermarket to get fuel cheaper than most fuel cards works well and the Mrs gets the points cards too .

I didn’t even think of that, so super markets can be cheaper that the fuel cards then?

Good advice, cheers

Fuel card prices are generally similar to supermarket prices. They really come into their own if you are filling up in the motorway. They also make admin easier as you get one bill every week sent by email rather than a pile of fuel receipts which are easily lost.

Thanks all, certainly food for thought…