Weekly rest scenario

Morning people

Here’s one to get your head around for a Monday morning! I’ve put digi card in this morning and the tacho Head (Stoneridge Exakt SE5000) has told me I require a 45 hour rest. Personally I think the head unit is wrong but to play on the safe side I’ve called relief driver in for a couple of days and having a 45 hour weekly rest. The following scenario is exactly what I’ve done for the last 3 weekends.

Bank holiday weekend 88hours off.
Worked 5 days followed by 40 hours rest.
Worked 6 days followed by 40.5 hours rest.

My intention this weekend was to have 45 hours off plus the 9.5 hrs in compensation.

I’ve taken my card home and downloaded it and on the smart analysis it’s not showing that any infringement has occurred?? I’m confused?!

Matt.

You need weekly rest of at least 45hrs every other week

I quote -

• an unbroken rest period of 45 hours every week - you can reduce this to 24 hours every other week
  • your weekly rest after 6 consecutive 24-hour periods of working, starting from the end of the last weekly rest period taken

Perhaps your tacho is cleverer than the software? You’re sorted now anyway with the relief driver :smiley:

elsa Lad:
You need weekly rest of at least 45hrs every other week

Due to the vagueness your wrong.

Two reduced rests are lerfectly acceptable.

xfmatt:
Morning people

Here’s one to get your head around for a Monday morning! I’ve put digi card in this morning and the tacho Head (Stoneridge Exakt SE5000) has told me I require a 45 hour rest. Personally I think the head unit is wrong but to play on the safe side I’ve called relief driver in for a couple of days and having a 45 hour weekly rest. The following scenario is exactly what I’ve done for the last 3 weekends.

My intention this weekend was to have 45 hours off plus the 9.5 hrs in compensation.

I’ve taken my card home and downloaded it and on the smart analysis it’s not showing that any infringement has occurred?? I’m confused?!

Matt.

What was the weekly rest BEFORE the bank holiday 88 off :question:

See this is where I think I have gone wrong! The weekly rest before the 88 hours was indeed a reduced rest of 41 hours. If I’ve got it right if I’d have had 90 hrs at bank holiday I could have classed the first 45 as a weekly rest in the previous week and the second 45 hrs as a weekly rest in the following week? Make sense??

ROG:

xfmatt:
Morning people

Matt.

What was the weekly rest BEFORE the bank holiday 88 off :question:

xfmatt:
See this is where I think I have gone wrong! The weekly rest before the 88 hours was indeed a reduced rest of 41 hours. If I’ve got it right if I’d have had 90 hrs at bank holiday I could have classed the first 45 as a weekly rest in the previous week and the second 45 hrs as a weekly rest in the following week? Make sense??

You have erred or cocked it up - whichever you choose :unamused: :laughing:

if 88 had been 90 then it would have been legal HOWEVER … it still might be but we need to go back to the last 90 off to see if it is

No idea when my last 90 was Rog that’s why I played on the safe side rather than take the risk! I must say it’s the first time it’s happened to me though so I must have been doing it right for all these years!!

xfmatt:
No idea when my last 90 was Rog that’s why I played on the safe side rather than take the risk! I must say it’s the first time it’s happened to me though so I must have been doing it right for all these years!!

Did you have a week off on summer holls :question: - if yes then were all the weekly rests after that including a sunday midnight :question: - also if yes then what weekly rests taken (REDuced or REGular) since those holls :question: