Renault range T used

Hi all,
Looking at purchasing a 14 plate range T from Renault, 220kms, it’s just having the chassis and wheels repainted, should this concern me? (New operator) And also, has anyone had any problems with the early range Ts? It’s priced 28k net as it’s a cancelled order, good spec, PTO+tipping gear so thinking heavy work, timber/bulker/tipper[emoji848]

Thanks in advance

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

David Taylor Commercials at Driffield has plenty of these that are ex Salford Van Hire,I think Salford bought 150 of them,how do you get rid of that quantity?

Few with ad blue problems , usual on Euro 6
Mirrors cause a blind spot , different levels of trim and electrics, ,ride a little stiffer than premiums , drivers seem to like them ,
Wheels painted at 4 years old would be usual , chassis should be ok at that age .
If I didn’t need tip gear I wouldn’t buy a lorry with it on , due to the conditions it works in.
Cab side collars made of paper mache , catch your hiviz on them and their broke.
Volvo driveline £28k for a truck with 220k on it modern cab what’s to go wrong , plenty of them about off brs etc , pick carefully and you can’t go wrong .
Renault seem to have a strange pricing policy as the Sam spec truck on the forecourt can be £6-£8 g more expensive, if it’s been standing a long time they discount it to sell .
They don’t seem a bad truck neither was the premium get past the badge and there a good workhorse, nothing is trouble free .

Gardner6LYT:
David Taylor Commercials at Driffield has plenty of these that are ex Salford Van Hire,I think Salford bought 150 of them,how do you get rid of that quantity?

Didn’t think Salford done trucks [emoji849] must’ve got a good deal on them then [emoji12]

still cheap with that km! do they have more for sale?

They got a few, generally newer than that one with more Kms, started first time no bother, holding air, going through the gears no bother, 12 months warranty on it with Renault, can’t go that far wrong…I think

If I were you I’d push for a 3 month cover all warranty as the 12 month driveline is virtually useless . Sounds good but doesn’t cover much and at 220k you’d need to be rather unfortunate if you had a problem with anything that it did cover.
Yes it’s cheap at that k,s even considering like for like , these deals are available but as I say it’s probably been standing quite some time .
I know there’s a lot of 3-4 year olds about to hit the market and they are having trouble selling what they already have in stock
I don’t think it’s a product problem but while there were premium 460,s about with low k,s at half the money and only 6 months of difference in age they couldn’t shift the t range which Renault held firm on the price of to try and keep the value up.
Only now when they are starting to go through the auctions are we getting the real value and 2014 seem to be making £26g plus in the ring plus expenses.
I know of a few t460 2015 that over a year ago Renault asked £51g for , the same vehicles have moved around the storage yards and now back to a Renault dealer and is being advertised at £35g , same kms so has stood for a year and now discounted .
I think really what puts customers off is the way the premiums price fell to rock bottom prices ,
In saying that starting at £28 g you won’t go far wrong ,

Viewed one today in Northampton, 15 plate with 223000km! Bit rusty behind the cab, new bandwulc rear tyres, flat bateries…they dont know price though! Need to call to Coventry for price…
Just thinking, it must be one standing somewhere for long time…rust and 223k in more than 3years? We have MB units with over 600k with same age.

found it on trucktrader now…priced at 42g…i would be interested if it was 32g max…

LL79:
Viewed one today in Northampton, 15 plate with 223000km! Bit rusty behind the cab, new bandwulc rear tyres, flat bateries…they dont know price though! Need to call to Coventry for price…
Just thinking, it must be one standing somewhere for long time…rust and 223k in more than 3years? We have MB units with over 600k with same age.

Bloody batteries, renault/volvo need a brand new set every autumn. Try doing winter with a year old set and your asking for trouble.

Plenty of T’s about for under 30k. Just finding one with the right mileage.

Both of mine are a bit younger but I have had Angel from new, now 9 months old and 90ks. Hasn’t skipped a beat mechanically or electrically. The cab is already showing some signs of wear though, leather on the steering wheel is getting patchy at 5 o-clock where I hold the wheel and the speaker surround on the door card on the drivers side is losing its colour where my leg rubs against it. Only problems so far, (touch wood).

Gentleman Jack is a 16 plate with over 300k on it and it had a few small issues at my first inspection (#3 is due in a month) to do with loose bolts and bushes and things. Last inspection it had damaged a midlift tyre and the tracking is out a bit but not excessively so. I have it on a BRS lease, £400 a week but the only things I pay for are punctures, accident damage and operating expenses. If a bulb blows, take it to Renault and BRS pay, if it needs screen wash, take it to Renault and BRS pay. Im pretty sure that if the driver had a bad balti, we could take it to Renault and BRS would pay for a pruce with Fabreeze.

One little thing. If you work close coupled an earlier truck is better for you. I have two Euroliners and I have to drop the air out of the tractor unit to open the curtain on the front drivers side. Because the lever is so long it fouls the wind deflector on Angel. Gentleman Jack has folding wind deflectors on both sides so not an issue with that truck.

I know Paul Arthurton has had a few problems with his 14 plates. So much so that I think he would prefer to douse them in diesel and drop match than keep them until the end of the agreement but a) I think his were some of the first, b) His dealer is humpfreys which is enough to put anyone off and c) most of his fleet is topline R series or S series highline, so there is a quality disparity there between the core of his fleet and the Renaults. From what I understand the 65 and 66 plates are faring a lot better so he could have just had teething problems.

I just don’t think you can do much better with much more money. A similar age Volvo or Scania is going to be a good 30% more expensive and its never going to earn you 30% more.

nsmith1180:
Both of mine are a bit younger but I have had Angel from new, now 9 months old and 90ks. Hasn’t skipped a beat mechanically or electrically. The cab is already showing some signs of wear though, leather on the steering wheel is getting patchy at 5 o-clock where I hold the wheel and the speaker surround on the door card on the drivers side is losing its colour where my leg rubs against it. Only problems so far, (touch wood).

Gentleman Jack is a 16 plate with over 300k on it and it had a few small issues at my first inspection (#3 is due in a month) to do with loose bolts and bushes and things. Last inspection it had damaged a midlift tyre and the tracking is out a bit but not excessively so. I have it on a BRS lease, £400 a week but the only things I pay for are punctures, accident damage and operating expenses. If a bulb blows, take it to Renault and BRS pay, if it needs screen wash, take it to Renault and BRS pay. Im pretty sure that if the driver had a bad balti, we could take it to Renault and BRS would pay for a pruce with Fabreeze.

One little thing. If you work close coupled an earlier truck is better for you. I have two Euroliners and I have to drop the air out of the tractor unit to open the curtain on the front drivers side. Because the lever is so long it fouls the wind deflector on Angel. Gentleman Jack has folding wind deflectors on both sides so not an issue with that truck.

I know Paul Arthurton has had a few problems with his 14 plates. So much so that I think he would prefer to douse them in diesel and drop match than keep them until the end of the agreement but a) I think his were some of the first, b) His dealer is humpfreys which is enough to put anyone off and c) most of his fleet is topline R series or S series highline, so there is a quality disparity there between the core of his fleet and the Renaults. From what I understand the 65 and 66 plates are faring a lot better so he could have just had teething problems.

I just don’t think you can do much better with much more money. A similar age Volvo or Scania is going to be a good 30% more expensive and its never going to earn you 30% more.

great, thanks for info…
I realy like how they drive…even cab airbags are half size of what MAN and new Scania have, they still very smooth…i just wish MPG is on MB and Scania scale too…

Great info, thank you very much! Turns out I can’t get finance for it so going for a BRS rental for 3 months! But I’ll definitely be having a think before buying one of the early models now. Why are you renting rather than on the £289 deal from Renault for a slightly older one with full R+M if you don’t mind me asking? [emoji848]

AlexBarclay:
Great info, thank you very much! Turns out I can’t get finance for it so going for a BRS rental for 3 months! But I’ll definitely be having a think before buying one of the early models now. Why are you renting rather than on the £289 deal from Renault for a slightly older one with full R+M if you don’t mind me asking? [emoji848]

£289/week on 3 months base sounds very good!
How old truck?

Just one question…does rent/lease affect insurance in any way? Compare to when i own the truck?

AlexBarclay:

VFM wouldn’t touch us, accounts don’t show enough turn over for two trucks. I tried arguing that they won’t show enough turn over to support two trucks as I only had one on the road, but the arrival of the second would increase our turnover but it fell on deaf ears.

nsmith1180:

AlexBarclay:

VFM wouldn’t touch us, accounts don’t show enough turn over for two trucks. I tried arguing that they won’t show enough turn over to support two trucks as I only had one on the road, but the arrival of the second would increase our turnover but it fell on deaf ears.

What is VFM? :bulb:

LL79:

nsmith1180:

AlexBarclay:

What is VFM? :bulb:

A typo. VFS - Volvo Financial Services. The underwriters of Renault Trucks Finance