Vehicle Checks app

Does anyone currently use or can recommend a smart phone app to carry out vehicle checks.

Thanks

Just moved over to FTA Driver Walkaround Check which uses an app with QR codes positioned around the vehicle meaning your drivers have to get out of the cab and walk around the vehicle at the very least ! Records and reports the amount of time taken to complete the walkaround so you can pin point those who are a little too quick to “walk around” Photos can be taken of any defect. Immediate notification of defects via email. Initial set up costs and then yearly subs per vehicle/driver. After the set up costs, for a large fleet like ours, it actually works out cheaper than purchasing and then collating all the defect report books. Can also link to your workshop if required so parts can be ordered in advance etc. All in all decent bit of kit once you get your drivers on board with the tech !

RHA do a vehicle check app which is quick simple and does the job. It is a few pence per use. Purchase from app store. Sends an email to your specified email address. Works well for me.

We use one called “Aquarius App” past couple of yrs,
Works well and I like the way you can take pics of say damage to trailer and log them back to office before you move.

We’re linked to our maintenance provider by a system called R2C online, they have a daily walkround app as an upgrade to the basic system. We don’t use it, but does seem to offer the same the photo facility and other stuff like linked to the workshop and transport office etc.

chevmac:
Does anyone currently use or can recommend a smart phone app to carry out vehicle checks.

Thanks

One of my DGSA customers uses a smart phone App for vehicle checks, but I can’t remember the name of the App.

We did a little work on a customised checksheet and I think I remember the customer mentioning he’d spoken to the App people to see whether they could incorporate ADR checks into the standard App.

EDITED TO ADD:

I’ve now been told that it’s R2C online, but they couldn’t put the ADR checks into the standard App for a reason that my customer can’t remember.

Apart from that, my customer’s opinion of the R2C App is that it works well for him and his 33 vehicle fleet.