Volvo FM Air Horn Not Working

Hi lads, I’ve a 2010 FM globetrotter and both horns have stopped working, the middle one and the two buttons on the bottom of the wheel too. Fuse is fine- any ideas where to start looking next?
Cheers
John

FmTipper:
Hi lads, I’ve a 2010 FM globetrotter and both horns have stopped working, the middle one and the two buttons on the bottom of the wheel too. Fuse is fine- any ideas where to start looking next?
Cheers
John

You need to check the wire that goes under the airbag, , there’s a steering wheel loom.,

I lifted it out and saw the wires, looked to be all OK, moved them all about but no joy. Checked the plugs further down the steering column but all tight too.
I’m stumped.
Thanks for the reply
Cheers
John

FmTipper:
I lifted it out and saw the wires, looked to be all OK, moved them all about but no joy. Checked the plugs further down the steering column but all tight too.
I’m stumped.
Thanks for the reply
Cheers
John

the earlier ones had 2 small brass tabs that run on the clock spring, they get stuck up. have to take the center off the steering wheel, then the wheel itself off.

Take care playing with wires near air bags!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

If you have no joy looking at the steering wheel end then try the wiring loom at the horn end. Trace them back through the loom with the headlamp wiring, they do tend to break half way up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk