Earned Recognition

Anyone done this? Anyone thinking of doing this? What are your thoughts about it?

I have to say I don’t like it, one day I’m sure it will become obligatory. We run 99% legal, maintenance is bang on, drivers hours occasionally have a blip - usually something daft like running 4hrs 33 mins, rarely something odd happens and we run legally over (because of the load, as long as it meets a certain criteria we wouldn’t get into trouble). We also run a mixed fleet, double manned and single manned, ferry journeys - I dream of the simplicity of night trunks :laughing: . So DVSA being able to access KPIs, doesn’t appeal even though we are essentially running right.

If anyone has experience, I’d be interested to hear how intrusive or beneficial you find it.

I can’t help you directly, (as I understand it we are excluded from even applying because we are still on paper tachos :unamused: ), but when the publicity came out on the official launch there was a list published of who was on it. Maybe have a look on that to see if there was someone similar’ish to you but not a direct competitor and contact them ? I seem to remember there was one firm that ran only one vehicle on it, own account work I think so presumably there are other “real people”, like yourself :slight_smile: as well as the usual corporate suspects.

Thanks for that manski.

I’m not planning to go for it in the very near future, but it’s part of a wider consideration about future direction and all that gubbins!

List of operators, in case anyone is interested

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … sv/preview

I looked at it, and that was as far it went, far too much onus on the operator doing the spade work I`m afraid… :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:
I looked at it, and that was as far it went, far too much onus on the operator doing the spade work I`m afraid… :unamused:

One day though Stanley, we will all have to. I’m not the most computer literate person, I’m still bemoaning the loss of log books! :wink:

albion:

Stanley Mitchell:

One day though Stanley, we will all have to. I’m not the most computer literate person, I’m still bemoaning the loss of log books! :wink:

Ive got a meeting with DVSA on Thursday with one of my TM customers, who have come a cropper via a roadside check, Ill try and ask a few questions, thats if they dont have us all away in handcuffs :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:

albion:

Stanley Mitchell:

Ive got a meeting with DVSA on Thursday with one of my TM customers, who have come a cropper via a roadside check, Ill try and ask a few questions, thats if they dont have us all away in handcuffs :unamused:

That’d be interesting if you get a chance Stanley. Good luck with the tea and biscuits. :wink:

albion:

Stanley Mitchell:

albion:

Stanley Mitchell:

That’d be interesting if you get a chance Stanley. Good luck with the tea and biscuits. :wink:

:laughing: