Any hgv mot testers on here?

got a few chips in the “a” section of a screen. read the testers manual and its seems open to interpretation. imho my vision is not obscured. but…

will this pass or fail?(chips are circled)

BE7682C1-235D-46DF-8A73-7816B1F0EFB1.jpeg

914D5715-3D3B-480A-9EE8-8A6770E9482A.jpeg

EFDDB0C0-E9F9-4E2B-A7B8-277F254FB25A.jpeg

37B90E46-6E51-43BC-A9A5-E2DF68555F67.jpeg

A view with clear sky might be better than ones taken from the set of "I’m a celebrity " .

Im no ministry tester but if you have to draw a circle around a stone chip, in order to see it, then it cant be too visible can it?
Of course common sense and logic may not be too relevant.

Have you thought of getting a DIY or professional chip repair done? May stop a chip developing into a bigger crack, even if the chip is OK for test purposes.
Never done a repair myself, so can`t say how effective they are.

It might well be complete ■■■■■■■■ but I remember hearing somewhere that it’s a fail if the chip is larger than a 5p piece.

yeah the chips showed better in real life lol.

its parked hard against a hedge and i didnt have the keys on me so i will get better pics tomorrow or tuesday next time im down there.

Harry Monk:
It might well be complete ■■■■■■■■ but I remember hearing somewhere that it’s a fail if the chip is larger than a 5p piece.

the anecdote is 10p piece and ive found no official corroboration.

Iirc it’s 10 mm ,I’ve got some bad ones at 9 mm in the swept area but nothing was said at last test .

Anything I have had to have tested recently has gone through with chips/cracks in the screen.

It has to be so bad that the tester feels vision is obscured. Normal chips / damage isn’t normally an issue.

A crack that will fail a test on an overcast day may be horrendous when hit with direct sunlight and dazzle the driver.

The above especially applies when the “pre test” is carried out before entering the building.

As ever the manual is open to interpretation and upon which side of bed said tester surfaced from.

Good luck.

Your on a wind up surely [emoji23][emoji23] need to dig out the binoculars to see them chips… & maybe take a better picture next time & not in a bush lol

not a joke honest.

always thought ANY chip in zone a was a fail.

A zone roughly width of steering wheel from top to bottom of screen excluding where the wipers down sweep, 10mm dia max damage
B zone rest of swept screen 40mm max damage