Tippers

Hi guys,
Some help please. I have no ideea how a “pto tipper conection 3 guarter push on conector hydraulic” should look like. And I should know… Any help welcomed. Thanks

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sounds as though whoever wrote the description went to the same school as Borat!
I think the three quarter will refer to the internal bore of the hydraulic pipe which carries the oil from the raise and lower valve to the tipper ram.
The “push on connector” is just a bigger version of the coupling on the red air line to the trailer, and will work in the same way , ie, slide the outer collar back, and then push onto the spigot on the ram and then release the collar. I don’t like these, I prefer the screw on jobs. They take a little longer, but are easier to use for several reasons.
Hope that helps.
(i’m sure some of the dirty minded on here will get raised at all the talk of pushing onto spigots, sliding collars back, screwing up, etc, oh I nearly forgot about internal bores.)

image.jpeglike John says screw on is better ,these are the other sizes .

Brass screw on are ok if only you is driving it, chucking them on the cat walk or floor will knock them out of shape, push on are fine if the pressure is released first

The “push on” ones are called Parker couplings almost invariably used on two line systems, much less so on a single line tipper. Quick, easy and robust unless somebody uncoupled it with the loaded body not quite settled then as Wheel Nut suggests recoupling will cause cursing and a mess.

You need to be aware that many companies make copy Parker couplings of varying quality but they all connect to each other fine. The problem can occur when using a copy on one end and genuine on the other, then I have known both a poor fit and dripping and the opposite, a refusal to couple at all.

acd1202:
The “push on” ones are called Parker couplings almost invariably used on two line systems, much less so on a single line tipper. Quick, easy and robust unless somebody uncoupled it with the loaded body not quite settled then as Wheel Nut suggests recoupling will cause cursing and a mess.

You need to be aware that many companies make copy Parker couplings of varying quality but they all connect to each other fine. The problem can occur when using a copy on one end and genuine on the other, then I have known both a poor fit and dripping and the opposite, a refusal to couple at all.

Yes.yes, I’ve often had a poor fit and dripping , also, frequently, a refusal to couple! What a coincidence

The offender is no longer at this address.

Old John:

acd1202:

Yes.yes, I’ve often had a poor fit and dripping , also, frequently, a refusal to couple! What a coincidence

The offender is no longer at this address.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks a lot guys for your reply. Picture was also helping a lot.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk