How to locate a adblue cheat device and remove it

asking for a friend :LOL:

picked up a daf lf 15tonner today, in 200 miles the adblue gauge didnt drop at all. shouldn’t surprise me, it came from Ireland! i should be grateful, i suppose, that it has a speed limiter!

where do i look for the device so i can take it off. id rather be fully legal.

also is it a case of unplug or am i going to get familiar with lf wiring diagrams?

Maybe the gauge isn’t working… Or a faulty sensor… talk about insult the Irish lol

I know nothing about ad blue but I wouldn’t think 200 miles is enough to use enough for the gauge to move ,if you find something I’ll buy it off you for my next lorry :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

maybe. went through £100 worth of diesel so i was expecting movement…

qwakers:
maybe. went through £100 worth of diesel so i was expecting movement…

Are you suspecting their to be a magnet on the wagon as well…?

If the vehicle is empty then it won’t use much adblue in 200 miles.
Anyway, if you are not the O licen ce holder, crack on driver , it’s not your problem.

it my own lorry, i just bought it.

IF it has an emulator fitted then the AdBlue system wont have been working for maybe years? Maybe it was originally fitted to save an expensive repair to the correct system? Removing any device wont automatically mean the original system will be upnrunning straightway.
Get a bit of expert advice, before cutting any wires I`d say.

nope it doesnt, but i can always reconnect it…y

Punchy Dan:
I know nothing about ad blue but I wouldn’t think 200 miles is enough to use enough for the gauge to move ,if you find something I’ll buy it off you for my next lorry :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

200 miles (320~ Km’s) in a MAN TGS500 will see me use roughly 4 to 5 ltrs*, the standard tanks are 35ltr (going by a quick google search) so that’s somewhere between an eighth and a quarter of a tank drop which seems about right to me.
(*although I have to take into consideration that the lazy twonk who drove it before me may or may not not have filled it right the way up like I do so my figures may be out somewhat)

A DAF LF standard Adblue tank is apparently 25ltrs (thanks again google) although I do not know the consumption rate of Adblue on the 12 tonner LFs I’d hazard a guess that you’d definitely see some drop on the gauge in 200 miles.

Here’s some of my recent figures…
Can’t use last night as an example though as I did 386km’s and put 13.6l of adblue at the end of my shift, remember what I said about lazy twonks!
62km’s = 2.9l
425km’s = 4.9l
318km’s = 3.5l
473km’s = 6.6l
597km’s = 9.9l
349km’s = 4.9l

If its been off for anymore than a few months then dont expect it to work again straightaway, lad next door to us bought a Scania with one fitted (said he didnt know, but this was before it was making headlines)
Anyway he had to get an auto electrician in for half a day to sort the wiring out, the box was behind a panel near the Ecu somewhere, then he had to replace the sender unit, injector nozzle, dosing module and a list of other things, i think he ended spending over 3k to get it working again

chaversdad:
If its been off for anymore than a few months then dont expect it to work again straightaway, lad next door to us bought a Scania with one fitted (said he didnt know, but this was before it was making headlines)
Anyway he had to get an auto electrician in for half a day to sort the wiring out, the box was behind a panel near the Ecu somewhere, then he had to replace the sender unit, injector nozzle, dosing module and a list of other things, i think he ended spending over 3k to get it working again

The way this stuff crystallises i’m not surprised by this at all.

Screenwash is the stuff to clean any blocked pipes/valves up

just to bring a (belated) end to this, it doesnt have one

i assumed it did because after several hundred miles the gauge hadnt moved at all.

after another 1000 it now is sitting at 3/4 full, instead of nearly full.

really doesnt use much does it :grimacing:

It will only use ad blue when the exhaust is above 200 degrees c and when it is under load ie foot flat to the floor whenpulling up a hill ,that is when NOX is created .So if doing multidrop in a town centre you probably wont use any as the temp will never get up for a start

So its done 1000 mile from July to January :open_mouth:

private vehicle, only goes out when i have somewhere the racecar needs to be :grimacing: