Public inquiry (for new application)

Hi all,

I have been called to a public inquiry for a new application I have pending.
Reason being the company whose yard I’m using (who currently employ me a a driver) have also applied for an o licence on which I was the TM until he got his TM CPC, and the director for said company has a revoked o licence on another company. So naturally the TC thinks that there is some fronting going on with his company (and probably mine).

My company is entirely separate and I have no concerns other than I would like to know why his o licence was revoked, he told me he let it lapse after the 5 years was up because he didn’t get the contract he was going for but his licence was granted 2012 and revoked 2013 so clearly he isn’t being straight with me.

Is there any way for me to find out why his licence was revoked? Can you see the public inquiry decisions online with any reasons? Commercial motor always seems to have plenty information on o licence public inquiries?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

I find the easiest way to find out is to google the ops licence number and then search the application and decisions.

Wheel Nut:
I find the easiest way to find out is to google the ops licence number and then search the application and decisions.

That’s how I found out it was revoked a year after it was granted but no info as to why?

No you cant. Its only a recent thing that some PI decisions after 2018 have been made public. Commerical motors only write about decisions that they sit in the public gallery at (i believe).
Unless you were possibly named in the PI bundle that resulted in the revoked licence, then you could put a FOI request - but it maybe highly redacted.
My advice would be to concentrate on your business and not worry about the others whys and what nots. The less you know the better when questioned at the inquiry.

There was a financial check on the o licence so I can only assume (since they never put any trucks on the road) they just didn’t do that after 6 months then it took another 6 months for a PI to be held and licence was revoked? Pretty petty reason but still it’s a revocation and waste of TCs time.