Accident by our driver - Who is at fault?

Hi, our driver made an accident on a motorway. He said that the driver of BMW did not put indicators on and pretty much he did not see them. Do I have a chance winning the case? Thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=iNO1wVTJ4fE

Truckman1000:
Hi, our driver made an accident on a motorway. He said that the driver of BMW did not put indicators on and pretty much he did not see them. Do I have a chance winning the case? Thanks

I can’t tell from the video if the BMW had indicators on but if he did then I personally would find it hard to blame either driver given the slow moving traffic… If the BMW driver didn’t have indicators then you might be onto a winner…

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

So
At what point did you driver realise he’s hit the car multiple times :unamused:

BMW seems to be indicating to me,notice the blinker on the from wheel arch at the beginning of the clip.

Let the insurers sort it out, that`s what they bend you over for…its their job

If you get involved, it ends in tears, unless the damage is below the excess, then you might want to haggle with the TP, but they are normally on the phone to their broker before they are out of the car…

As xichrisxi says the side repeater on the BMW front wing is definitely on and visible in the first few seconds of the clip. The BMW’s actions in making the manoeuvre are definitely cheeky, possibly agressive but I cannot see them as dangerous, there was room, if not much. In this situation your drivers correct action is to curse under his breath whilst dropping back a bit to regain his braking space. Instead he closes the gap to a point where the rear of the BMW disappears from view and then runs into the car, admittedly quite gently, what from the jolts in the footage seem to be at least three times in succession.

Let the insurance companies sort it out, but if you try to defend this good luck, you’ll need it in my view.

Truckman1000:

:bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

How does he know the BMW didn’t indicate if he didn’t see him? :bulb: That tells me he did see him… but did he? He could just be saying that to deflect the blame. The reason I say this is because the camera is mounted high in the windscreen and is pointed downwards at quite a steep angle. The BMWs rear bumper was only a few feet in front of the truck so it’s entirely possible that the driver didn’t see him, especially if it’s a high cab like an FH and he has junk on the dashboard as well. This does not excuse him apparently not noticing the first impact, nor the lighter taps afterwards. You might not notice a light impact if something hits your trailer, but not noticing an impact with the cab 4ft in front of you I struggle to accept. The last 4 seconds of the video tells me a lot though.

Insurance will rule 50/50 regardless of the footage.

Get yourself lubed up for the 5x £20k whiplash claims.

Can’t see it making any difference whether the car driver indicated or not - he moved into the space in front of the lorry and the lorry driver has failed to spot this (or at least has failed to react to it in the sensible way by easing off and/or braking) during the 5 seconds or so between the car moving across and the first impact. The dashcam probably makes it look worse (for your driver) as it (the camera) has a better view than he does due to its location. Even after the initial collision, he appears to make no attempt to slow down or stop. Why??

I’d be more concerned with making your driver a former employee if I were you. Seriously what excuse could he possibly have for not backing off after the first impact? I personally think you stand very little chance fighting this even if the Indicator wasn’t used (it looks like it was).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The bloke behind ran into the BMW, forget the indicators, they normally do, the BMW driver was probably feeling smug.

This is a wind-up, innit?
Sack the driver of the truck.
What a ■■■■■

EDIT: BTW, no, you have NO chance of winning whatever case you choose to bring.
But this is just my opinion and should not be taken as legal advice :slight_smile:

Sack the ■■■■■■

kscoombs:
I’d be more concerned with making your driver a former employee if I were you. Seriously what excuse could he possibly have for not backing off after the first impact? I personally think you stand very little chance fighting this even if the Indicator wasn’t used (it looks like it was).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This. One hundred percent this.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

crash for cash plus your driver is a complete prick…
the bmw accelerated with indicators flashing to get in front of the truck,then dropped back so your man would give it a wee nudge.job done.
for everything after that,then your driver is brain dead or applying for a job at stobarts by phone at the same time.