New/Used Contract Hire deals

After previous expensive breakdowns I am considering looking into contract hire tractor units. This would have to include full maintenance package, tipping gear and also a fridge. I’ve read about and spoke to a salesman about the secondhand Renault T range deal at £289 per week but with tipping gear fitted that would push up to £320 per week.
I’ve also seen that Mercedes are offering secondhand tractor units at £193 per week but that doesn’t include a maintenance package.

Is anyone currently running a secondhand vehicle on a contract hire basis from any manufacturer and how does it work out for you? Are they reliable in providing up to date maintenance and will they provide a replacement truck in the event of a breakdown?

Also, does anyone have any up to date prices on NEW trucks on contract hire with all of the above fitted?

Many thanks.

Try BRS. My second one is a BRS truck on a 16 plate for 300 a week, but no tipping gear.

As for the Renault deal, is £744 for brand new tipping gear expensive? Because that’s what it works out at over the 24 months agreement. Doesn’t strike me as unreasonable.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

truckfast.co.uk supply with tipping gear on… :wink:

nsmith1180:
Try BRS. My second one is a BRS truck on a 16 plate for 300 a week, but no tipping gear.

As for the Renault deal, is £744 for brand new tipping gear expensive? Because that’s what it works out at over the 24 months agreement. Doesn’t strike me as unreasonable.

Does the £300 include tax & tyres Nick ?

And how are you getting on with the Renault dealership regarding inspections and repairs ?

Renault are also doing 0% apr offers. They are like hens teeth in the private industry, never mind commercial sector.

Stanley Mitchell:

nsmith1180:

And how are you getting on with the Renault dealership regarding inspections and repairs ?
[/quote]
Includes everything but punctures and blowouts. And Thompson Commercials are the best dealer, car truck or bike, I’ve ever had dealings with.

nsmith1180:

Stanley Mitchell:

nsmith1180:

[/quote]
Includes everything but punctures and blowouts. And Thompson Commercials are the best dealer, car truck or bike, I’ve ever had dealings with.
[/quote]
Last question Nick, honest……
What are they like on fuel ?

Stanley Mitchell:

nsmith1180:

Stanley Mitchell:

nsmith1180:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
67 plate is doing 9.8 mpg average on mixed light/heavy work
16 plate is doing 9.4 mpg average on the same work.

Thanks Nick…

Renault t range, flat trailers, 90% 40 tonne, fixed midlift, one is running 8.5, other is 8.3

[/quote]
Does the £300 include tax & tyres Nick

I’ve not been following trucknet for a few month nick? Did you say you’ve grown to two trucks now? What work/sector/weights are you pulling to get those return on fuel? Anything on the unit that may be helping that? E.g steered mid? I’ll give brs a ring when I fire up on my own. Ta

[/quote]
67 plate is doing 9.8 mpg average on mixed light/heavy work
16 plate is doing 9.4 mpg average on the same work.
[/quote]

Anyone had a price on a new High T yet?

I had narrowed it down to Man or Daf but then i saw a high cab T the other day and it did look impressive all colour coded

Spoke to Renault couple weeks ago.
Mid nineties for a decent spec high cab tag.
Can’t remember exact price of r&m but it wasn’t stupid if you want to extend warranty from 2 years to 4 or 5 think it was £75 extra a month if you want own maintenance

Jm11:
Spoke to Renault couple weeks ago.
Mid nineties for a decent spec high cab tag.
Can’t remember exact price of r&m but it wasn’t stupid if you want to extend warranty from 2 years to 4 or 5 think it was £75 extra a month if you want own maintenance

Fully specced tag Daf was 96k with 3 year warranty and driveline on years 4+5 so not far away then

nsmith1180:

Methinks a refresher course in maths is needed…£31 a week difference over 24 months is £3224 :smiley:

chaversdad:

I had narrowed it down to Man or Daf but then i saw a high cab T the other day and it did look impressive all colour coded

I`ve been quoted £92750.00 for a 520 6x2, all singing, all the bells :open_mouth:

Or

£440.00 a month full contract hire over 5 years, covers everything apart from the tyres :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:

I`ve been quoted £92750.00 for a 520 6x2, all singing, all the bells :open_mouth:

Or

£440.00 a month full contract hire over 5 years, covers everything apart from the tyres :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Moodys have, or had at least, a 4 legger for £85k outright. I don’t know if they’ve sold it yet as I’ve been too busy for CM for a month or so.

matamoros:

nsmith1180:

Methinks a refresher course in maths is needed…£31 a week difference over 24 months is £3224 :smiley:

Yup, you are right, I’m a numpty!

New question: Is £3224 unreasonable for tipping gear? Like I said, never specced it.

nsmith1180:

matamoros:

nsmith1180:

Yup, you are right, I’m a numpty!

New question: Is £3224 unreasonable for tipping gear? Like I said, never specced it.

Depends on how much you want doing (infils etc) and the truck - but around £2500 + vat is a qoute rattled off for me recently with a reputable engineering comany.

Thanks el-presidente