ZF steering box

image.jpeg
image.jpegIs there any adjustment on these type boxes (Daf / Foden Alpha 1 ) ? There’s no adjuster sticking out that’s obvious like an Erf , thanks Dan

Hi Dan

I have dug out the workshop Manual from when we had a MK1 Alpha Tractor and I attach a copy of the page. There is no mention of adjustment. The only other mention of the steering box is removal and re fitment to the vehicle.

Thankyou for making the effort ,possibly looks like a recon then :unamused:

Is the mitre box item 6 in the above scan OK, I`ve had one of them develop play in them?

I have just been pricing up angle drives ,going to have a look in it tomorrow thanks .

Changed loads of the bolt on angle drives on the Dafs, if yours is removeable open it up for a look see, a bodger would remove the angle drive turn shaft 180 degrees and refit thus removing the worn section of gearing out of the equation in the straight ahead postiion.

Trickydick:
Changed loads of the bolt on angle drives on the Dafs, if yours is removeable open it up for a look see, a bodger would remove the angle drive turn shaft 180 degrees and refit thus removing the worn section of gearing out of the equation in the straight ahead postiion.

Who ever would do such a thing when a Daf one is £700 odd :open_mouth: :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Trickydick:

Who ever would do such a thing when a Daf one is £700 odd :open_mouth: :wink:

Tbh I didnt realise they were that dear, its just Im naturally curious and like to know why stuff has faield so open it up for a look see, once open I thought if this was my truck!