O licence and hire truck

Now unless I am mistaken, and I cant find it anywhere, you are not allowed to hire your vehicle to someone else to use, if it is on your O licence. Am I correct?

So say you go on holiday, and someone wants to rent a truck. Yours cant be used if it is already specified, correct?

Ken.

Quinny:
Now unless I am mistaken, and I cant find it anywhere, you are not allowed to hire your vehicle to someone else to use, if it is on your O licence. Am I correct?

So say you go on holiday, and someone wants to rent a truck. Yours cant be used if it is already specified, correct?

Ken.

I can’t see that any vehicle can be on two separate licences, enough people have got in bother using a mates licence.

Can’t you knock one off electronically?

If he’s using it less than 30 days he wouldn’t put it on his licence but couldn’t say that wouldnt cause any issues with it still being on your licence

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

AlexBarclay:
If he’s using it less than 30 days he wouldn’t put it on his licence but couldn’t say that wouldnt cause any issues with it still being on your licence

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

As above but remove it from your o licence and remove the disk from the window using the licensing website, rent it to your mate for a week but make sure he’s got an o licence in his own or companies name with enough margin on it for another vehicle. Then put it back on your licence afterwards.

If your mate hasn’t got a licence it will be your truck that gets impounded.

Was gonna say a short term rental doesnt go on an O license so i suppose if you took your disc out and hired it out for a week it would be sort of legal or not quite illegal , i cant decide

Wheel Nut:

Quinny:

Ken.

I can’t see that any vehicle can be on two separate licences, enough people have got in bother using a mates licence.

Can’t you knock one off electronically?

Yes, it’s two minutes to take it off your O license and two minutes to put it back on again.

If ( and I wouldn’t) hire my truck out to someone else, I’d want to have a copy of their O license on file.

Exactly as Albion states. However i would be inclined to print screen showing the removal and also a copy of the hirer’s “o” Licence also along with a letter of authorisation to run the truck. And keep them in the vehicle just in case.

Thanks guys.

So in a nutshell, a truck cannot be hired out really, if it is on your licence.

Just as I thought.

Ken.