Pulling for Goldstar

Pulling containers for Goldstar,opinions please?

What are they offering? Considering what they pay their employed lads, forget it.

didn’t turnerski take goldstar over?

m.a.n rules:

Turner are also after subbies

They pay peanuts! £1.28 per mile.
What really gets me is that the get in a region £500 per container, pay subbies laughable rates and say that they’re competitive rates. What a lot of ball locks.
Poor owner drivers get enought to survive but if the survival is the aim then I’d rather get employed.

m.a.n rules:

Yes Turners own Goldstar and also Mckintyre MTL.

Might be worth checking rates offered by KBC / Wincanton /Pentalver / Newall and Wright … all of which are busy and use subbies.

A friend of mine does it for someone other than the above and he manages to pay for 2 very expensive holidays per year, a nice house and a nice car. He told me he can earn £900 per day ■■

Take that with a pinch of salt and assume he is invoicing £900 inc vat on his best days minus rest and holidays is probably £150,000 per annum.

minus trailer rental / lorry rental or hire / maintenance / fuel / road fund / fixed overheads and cost of compliance / tyres etc etc.

He has been doing it for the same guy / company for years so is well established and getting the cream jobs.

He may make £50,000 per year ? but there will be plenty of subbies who find their old secondhand truck that keeps needing repairs, rented trailer and the crappiest jobs are on more like £15,000 per year.

You`d probably make more money being an agency driver maxing out your hours ■■