Euro 6 daf or Scania

Our euro 6 Daf’s can’t match the Scanias for reliability, particularly from 2 years onwards when the differences become blindingly obvious.

That’s nothing to do with what anyone might prefer as a driver, the usual mixture of drivers and abilities at our place, the Scanny’s can stand the work, our work is hard on the vehicle.

In fact Scanias stand head and shoulders over all other makes in the reliability stakes where i work, including Volvo, though there are exceptions, one or two other makes have been as reliable as the Scanias but those particular vehicles have had main drivers who looked after them and treated them with mechanical sympathy, where the Scannys seem to survive the worse abuse of the idiot class of licence holder better.

Hmm, that last sentence could be misconstrued that i’m assuming the OP is in the idiot driver class, far from that, what i was meaning is that the Scania is likely to be a better bet if its been subject to abuse in its former ownership than other makes would be.

Also i have found one particular make/model of reasonably recent production that can more than give Scannys a run for their money re reliability, and that’s the much maligned square Axor, particularly in manual with the 430 engine, a very admirable working vehicle if lacking in street cred for the image conscious.