EURO 3 to EURO 5 conversion

I have purchased a 2013 MAN TGS 33.440 flatbed at a significantly discounted price based upon it having being a non-compliant vehicle in terms of the emissions which is EURO 3 spec.
Has anyone successfully upgraded from EURO 3 to EURO 5 with this type of truck?
The engine is a 440hp D20, and if it wasn’t for the fact that this truck originally was sent to South Africa for a contract then it would have been specified EURO 5 not EURO 3. Therefore I would have thought by changing the exhaust system from the Turbo back to collector box should suffice, and at worst install Ad Blue system with mixer tank etc.

Does anyone have an opinion on doing this and why simply purchasing a 2nd hand compatible exhaust and Ad Blue Euro 5 system from a Truck Breaker would not be sufficient? I have heard that it may be necessary to purchase the ECU from the same truck as the exhaust system, and possibly the wiring harness, to enable my truck to communicate with the Ad Blue system, which does appear logical, especially if my ECU doesnt have any Ad Blue software function available.

Has anyone already completed this exercise and have any advice?

Thanks

An exhaust box will only take you from 3 to 4 ,it something you can do your self by getting one from a scrap yard ,5 wouldn’t be worth doing a least not for uk use anyway as 6 is the next limit for going in the city’s .

Get all the bits second hand and get them all set up and working…
Then how easy is it to change the cert of conformity or whatever it’s called so the V5 shows it as a different Euro class after these modifications?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

As it was originally manufactured in 2013, will it be able to be used anywhere in the EU if it’s not euro 5? I think you will have more than LEZ to worry about.
Some would say that any MAN with a D20 is not worth spending any money on at all

I think the problem will always be its built to rest of world spec, ie no emissions kit at all.
Any scrappers in the breakers!

You can put a exhaust trap to meet euro 4 on absolutely anything it’s beyond that the problems start