Tyres company

Hi guys. I’m looking for good tyres company for punctures and blow ups. I’d like to open pay as you go account. Any recommendations?
Kind regards.

Where you based? Auchinlea tyres seem to be reasonable price wise Glasgow area

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

AlexBarclay:
Where you based? Auchinlea tyres seem to be reasonable price wise Glasgow area

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I forgot to mention I’m looking for nationwide company :smiley:

Lodge Tyre do mine since they bought out Kingsway. Fair coverage in the Midlands from their own depots and part of a nationwide network.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I do all my own ,had a puncture the other day ,took 18 mins to put the spare on ,but yes lodge tyres is see a lot use .

Use your local independent tyre company,and they should be part of a national call out scheme. Or use somebody like Kingsway who are owned by Bridgestone.

I like, Punchy Dan carry a spare and change my own on my transporter, the theory being spare wheel and tyre £100 S/H carrier £50 S/H,
call out over the weekend as that’s when I use it £400 to £600, when having wheels fitted for any reason I do the tightening so I can get them off again, no windy guns and token click with the torque wrench, luckily the last puncture I had was just in Belgium as lots of you know if in France you are not supposed to do anything yourself if on the motorway network.

I like, Punchy Dan carry a spare and change my own on my transporter, the theory being spare wheel and tyre £100 S/H carrier £50 S/H,
call out over the weekend as that’s when I use it £400 to £600, when having wheels fitted for any reason I do the tightening so I can get them off again, no windy guns and token click with the torque wrench, luckily the last puncture I had was just in Belgium as lots of you know if in France you are not supposed to do anything yourself if on the motorway network.

biggriffin:
Use your local independent tyre company,and they should be part of a national call out scheme. Or use somebody like Kingsway who are owned by Bridgestone.

Kingsway are part of Lodge Tyre`s nowadays…

Get yourself signed up with a reputable local outfit, and they will have access to a national breakdown club… :wink:

We use ATS, certainly not the cheapest, but do OK for us…

we Use DTM directtyre.co.uk/our_service_network.htm

ATS prices have gone through the roof lately, wanted 345 quid for a S/S Hankook and the local place not 100 yards from them do them for 275

chaversdad:
ATS prices have gone through the roof lately, wanted 345 quid for a S/S Hankook and the local place not 100 yards from them do them for 275

We have to use them for a customer`s trailers, and they are bloody slow on a call out, it can be upto 3 hours :blush:

According to one depot we use by choice, only certain depots have “vans” now, so they have to race round and cover big distances, as the local depot is now concentrating on Mildred`s new battery and the odd tyre for her MOT… :unamused:

Same up here , they have moved all the commercial staff into a portakabin round the back and front desk and both bays are for cars only, the truck fitters have to work out of there vans, oh and dont get me started on there breakdown service, its now handled by the RAC breakdown centre and they are bloody clueless when it comes to talking about truck tyres

chaversdad:
Same up here , they have moved all the commercial staff into a portakabin round the back and front desk and both bays are for cars only, the truck fitters have to work out of there vans, oh and dont get me started on there breakdown service, its now handled by the RAC breakdown centre and they are bloody clueless when it comes to talking about truck tyres

Luckily we don`t need to deal with the call centre, we just ring the customer and let them deal with the crap…

We use ONE depot which is ideal for us, and they are a “HGV” friendly centre [and have vans based there], who understand the job, but even they struggle at times, and suggest we speak to the call centre if we can`t limp into them…no way Jose :open_mouth:

Are ATS still owned by Michelin ?

I have an account with a two man, two van outfit who are fairly local to me.
They are part of a nationwide Independent network which can normally get someone out to you no matter where in the country you are.
Most of the guys who work with the smaller outfits are rock hard and have you up and on pretty quickly.
(Last time I had four 315s fitted to drive axle, I was square wheels for exactly forty minutes. One guy on his own.)

Old John:
I have an account with a two man, two van outfit who are fairly local to me.
They are part of a nationwide Independent network which can normally get someone out to you no matter where in the country you are.
Most of the guys who work with the smaller outfits are rock hard and have you up and on pretty quickly.
(Last time I had four 315s fitted to drive axle, I was square wheels for exactly forty minutes. One guy on his own.)

Four drives in one hit. Ouch. Wear not damage I hope?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:

Luckily we don`t need to deal with the call centre, we just ring the customer and let them deal with the crap…

We use ONE depot which is ideal for us, and they are a “HGV” friendly centre [and have vans based there], who understand the job, but even they struggle at times, and suggest we speak to the call centre if we can`t limp into them…no way Jose :open_mouth:

Are ATS still owned by Michelin ?

Last I heard were owned by continental, that’s a while back.

No they are definately still owned by Michelin who have also just bought Blackcircles to add to there collection