Pickup and trailer

To drive a sprinter pick up, 3500 Kgs with trailer 2000 kgs, you obviously need a tacho. Does the driver need a dcpc? And does the vehicle need an o licence?

No o licence if it’s under small trailer exemption (trailer empty less than…1080kgs ISH I think) and dcpc if for hire and reward

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Also no tachograph if exempt from tacho rules eg recovery or tool required to do your job within the set radius

dcpc is for vehicles over 3500 GVW only so sprinter is exempt - towing a trailer makes no difference to those dcpc rules

AlexBarclay:
No o licence if it’s under small trailer exemption (trailer empty less than…1080kgs ISH I think) and dcpc if for hire and reward

This was changed back in 2011 so olicence is required and as Rog says no dcpc

If it’s hire and reward you will need an o-licence a proper pickup can qualify for dual purpose exemption a Sprinter probably can’t be made to qualify.

Punchy Dan:

AlexBarclay:

This was changed back in 2011 so olicence is required and as Rog says no dcpc

Apologies, just checked the exact wording and you’re right enough but only if you’re carrying other people’s goods, I’m on a restricted licence with pickup & trailer so that’s where I’ve got confused!

I didn’t think there was a requirement for restricted licence for 3.5 tonner & trailer ,just the use of a tacho if used for business but not h&w ?

Punchy Dan:
I didn’t think there was a requirement for restricted licence for 3.5 tonner & trailer ,just the use of a tacho if used for business but not h&w ?

You’re corrected, I’ve said restricted as the trucks I deal with are on o licence, sorry I’ve confused this