fuel increase

Since February fuel has gone up 15p a litre!!! Has anyone increased their rates yet■■?

JASON280:
Since February fuel has gone up 15p a litre!!! Has anyone increased their rates yet■■?

Youd bloody hope so, rates are based on the stuff.

If you aint on no escalator youll be in for a world of pain

We have a fuel escalator, soon as it goes up by 6p, I charge an extra 1.5%.

I’m afraid I like most others carrying quarry products have to accept what I am given

Tarmac duck:
I’m afraid I like most others carrying quarry products have to accept what I am given

There must come a point when it would become loss making.

Does make me realise I should stop moaning about my main customer.

Tarmac duck:

:unamused:
And continuing to do so without kicking up a fuss except having a whinge on internet forums ensures that Tarmac/Hanson/whoever will continue with their quid a mile offering because they know they have an endless line of mugs debted up to their eyeballs with their shiny new wagons on the chucky that need to be paid for every month.

Pretty much every OD doing quarry products are doing it for no other reason than to have their name on the door and to brag to anyone that’ll listen that they’re an OD. If they wanted to actually run a profitable business and make money they wouldn’t be doing quarry products. :bulb:

Rob K:

Tarmac duck:

And continuing to do so without kicking up a fuss except having a whinge on internet forums ensures that Tarmac/Hanson/whoever will continue with their quid a mile offering because they know they have an endless line of mugs debted up to their eyeballs with their shiny new wagons on the chucky that need to be paid for every month.

Pretty much every OD doing quarry products are doing it for no other reason than to have their name on the door and to brag to anyone that’ll listen that they’re an OD. If they wanted to actually run a profitable business and make money they wouldn’t be doing quarry products. :bulb:

You are jumping to conclusions. I take offence at your comments. I have been in this industry for 25 years and have done very well and certainly don’t need advice off you.

Rob K:

Same old ■■■■■

Rob K:

Tarmac duck:

thats the main reasons why i packed that up and went independent

Tarmac duck:

Rob K:

Tarmac duck:

You are jumping to conclusions. I take offence at your comments. I have been in this industry for 25 years and have done very well and certainly don’t need advice off you.

Nice one…I also get a bit fed up(polite for P******d off) with people telling us that you have to earn £2 a mile, no money in traction only , subbing etc when I have made a decent living as an owner driver since 1985 and have not had a direct customer since about 1988.

I have now been subbing for the same firm, traction only, no trailer hire, for the last 17 years and making a decent living, I didn’t become an OD to get rich quick, or rich at all :slight_smile:

I did 690 miles last week.
Income per mile worked out at £4.30.
I don’t like the way the fuel price us heading, but I’m not too concerned just yet.
Sorry for rubbing it in, I just couldn’t help it.

Getting bad enough in UK & my fuelcard is odd at least 2p more a litre than I can get at pumps, but madness high prices in France at the mo, Belgium & Germany far better.