Aberdeen.

Stuck and needing a load out of here if anyone can help. 44t tautliner sitting empty

You’ll be lucky to get much more than a load of Highland Spring for £400 back from there.

Its fairly busy at the minute up here, plenty of timber flying about, Ridells did have some to give away, tbh its not worth it up the eastern side, i just come back empty

Bit late now, there’s Marshalls trailers, but that’s mainly flats.

We’ve had a company asked us to quote today to get forty pallets which cannot be stacked on, from Dundee to Oxford this week, they’ve been quoted £750, could we do it cheaper. Not interested in feeding off the bottom.

£750 and they’re still ringing around for cheaper quotes? The sad thing is they’ll probably get it too! Some of these cheapskates deserve to have their goods damaged beyond all recognition.

At the same time a bloke from Oxford whos just tipped in Dundee would be quite happy with 750 to get him home

chaversdad:
At the same time a bloke from Oxford whos just tipped in Dundee would be quite happy with 750 to get him home

Good point. Very slim chance of that I’d guess, but back to that area would do. Problem is it is two loads in fact, or one double decker, which I’d imagine are a tad harder to come by.

Too late for you now, but if you’re up the next time, try ARR Craib, Caledonian logistics, Colin Lawson, or Peterson’s,

Jake_Brake:
Stuck and needing a load out of here if anyone can help. 44t tautliner sitting empty

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

scottie0011:
Too late for you now, but if you’re up the next time, try ARR Craib, Caledonian logistics, Colin Lawson, or Peterson’s,

Jake_Brake:

Do Craibs ever give anything away? I use to share a yard with them and they still wouldnt give me anything , “we dont use English subbies” is what i was told

chaversdad:

I read “forty pallets which can’t be stacked on” as meaning they wanted two trucks for £750? I cannot in a million years imagine a Scottish backloader paying £750 for a single vehicle movement from Dundee to Oxford, rates out of Scotland have always been dire.

Harry Monk:

chaversdad:

I read “forty pallets which can’t be stacked on” as meaning they wanted two trucks for £750? I cannot in a million years imagine a Scottish backloader paying £750 for a single vehicle movement from Dundee to Oxford, rates out of Scotland have always been dire.

I get a good rate from Fort william to Newcastle so i wouldnt have thought that 750 from Dundee to Oxford was out of the way

Maths not my best subject.

£750 for roughly 440miles is £1.70,pm but between two motors not very good.

chaversdad:

scottie0011:

Jake_Brake:

Do Craibs ever give anything away? I use to share a yard with them and they still wouldnt give me anything , “we dont use English subbies” is what i was told

Must have changed then as far as I know they have subbies all over the country now, you see a lot of English tractor units pulling their trailers these days.