Weekend Traction - South Yorkshire

Hi guys and gals,

Can anyone suggest anybody other than Maritime and the other usual suspects who could use some weekend traction in South Yorkshire?

#1 is a lot more stable now, having survived the BwD bump and now back knocking on the door of profitability. Its also running about 10,000km behind where I thought it would be at 6 months old, (end of the month) so I can afford to let it out to play at weekends too but my trailer will be loaded for the Monday so I’m going to need to pull someone elses.

As #1 is about to go off and do lots of UK/Ireland stuff for about three months, #2 is definitely on the cards to cover the work that #1 has already been doing. That will be on a 160k p/a hire so I can run it morning, noon and night, every day if I have the work. But again, if #2 is doing #1’s work, its going to be parking up each weekend with a load on, so another trailer will be needed.

Now that I have a history with running trucks insurers are offering any driver policies so I can have a day off! and still do more work. Yay! It just irks me to leave the wagon sat at a weekend when it could be earning more money delivering cornflakes to costcutter or something.

Not sure about your area but BWD offer weekend traction at decent rates in my area, NORTH EAST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it’s not South Yorkshire but freshlinc at Normanton

Itll be the “usual suspects” for the most part.

Ad-hoc thermo stuff can be quite lucrative at weekends.

Theres a few on here who are into weekend traction, although i doubt they would divulge due to obvious reasons.

PAULSIMO:
Not sure about your area but BWD offer weekend traction at decent rates in my area, NORTH EAST.

Barronwood woudn’t use me even if I was stupid enough to go back to them. Apparently one swear word in frustration is enough to loose a six million pound client so I am persona non-grata. Despite my obvious reservations about using them again, I did check if my coming out of the cab would adjust their thinking but apparently just having my name on the company docs is enough to make the company a no go.

Which is good, It means I can’t be tempted by flashy rates and get sucked into their world of deceit and despair once again. It does make getting out of Scotland an issue though.

nsmith1180:

PAULSIMO:

Barronwood woudn’t use me even if I was stupid enough to go back to them. Apparently one swear word in frustration is enough to loose a six million pound client so I am persona non-grata. Despite my obvious reservations about using them again, I did check if my coming out of the cab would adjust their thinking but apparently just having my name on the company docs is enough to make the company a no go.

Which is good, It means I can’t be tempted by flashy rates and get sucked into their world of deceit and despair once again. It does make getting out of Scotland an issue though.

Well if that rate they offer for the work in your area aren’t so good, it can only be a good thing I suppose [emoji23]

Last ■■■■ I done for them on a Saturday was £420+vat for 8 hours and 40 mile…

BWD Doncaster to Exeter £800 traction only