Owner-Operator Advice required please

Trucking sideways:
I know this is an old thread, but I’ve done a few shifts with a company Recently that sub for TNT, it appears it’s their ONLY work. They have about 12 trucks running TNT 24/7. The pay is crap but I’m still wondering how they make it pay! Also firms like Chris Riches And his ally trucks appear to only run TNT aswell. Seems very risky to build a business relying on subbing work for one client. I’m just curious how they can pay wages for their own drivers plus agency, fuel, and all the other costs involved plus “director advisory payments”.

Fair play if you can make it work though. Admittedly the trucks I drive for this company are old and rubbish so I think them outright which cuts down on costs, but as I said the likes of Chris Riches and his posh trucks they must be running on a shoestring

The more shifts the truck work effectively the cheaper it becomes per shift for overheads, I would imagine that’s the theory they run on. These companies are also wise to that fact and when they say they will run the truck 24/7 often the shift rate from said company also comes down to! Not stupid are they!

Although running 24/7 constantly for the same company is risky as if you have a dispute or they ditch you then you could be stuck with a load of trucks and drivers for that matter without any work at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk